[vb_main_1]

WOW! What a treat! :)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! What a treat! :)

I just love it, when friends or family do something that is so thoughtful that it brings tears to my eyes.

A couple of days ago I was given a quite unusual advent wreath. It contains 25 chocolates (just like the ones you can buy in a shop), but this one is different. Every chocolate has a little label attached with it's 'syn value' (very similar to calories). It tells me exactly how to control all this 'naughty but nice' stuff, and will keep me on track, so that I don't put on a lot of weight in December. And it looks gorgeous!

So, what are you doing in the way of 'damage limitation' over the next 5 or 6 weeks???
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

That is very cool. And pretty too.

Comment

Lorchen, what a lovely Advent Wreath. Such pa lovely gift. Enjoy.

Margarita

Comment

Very pretty, clever wreath, Lorchen. Quick question. Will crossing fingers behind the back work for damage limitation?

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Not sure about those crossed fingers. Just enjoy the festive season and assess the situation at the beginning of January. There are a few things that I'm planning to do: Only very small portions of deserts, staying away as much as possible from sauces, trying not to 'nibble' when there is lots of food spread out, and eat something low in calories before going out to parties, so that I'm not hungry when I get there.

My other plan for the Christmas holidays: Go through all my clothes and give away everything too big to a charity.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorchen
            Not sure about those crossed fingers. Just enjoy the festive season and assess the situation at the beginning of January. There are a few things that I'm planning to do: Only very small portions of deserts, staying away as much as possible from sauces, trying not to 'nibble' when there is lots of food spread out, and eat something low in calories before going out to parties, so that I'm not hungry when I get there.

My other plan for the Christmas holidays: Go through all my clothes and give away everything too big to a charity.
            Sounds like a great plan for addressing things! You have done so well with this weight loss!! I've been reading along, though I don't chime in often these days.

LOVE the Advent wreath! I think I'm going to borrow the idea for my boys. Maybe not exactly candy wreaths, but a non-calender version of a countdown -- this really sparked my creative juices! Thanks!

So sweet your family is helping & encouraging you in this, too. That is a special gift all by itself! Enjoy!!

Comment

Love the wreath Lorchen - hope the temptation is not too great!

Now about those clothes that don't fit anymore.....you could always make a memory quilt to keep and call it 'Lorchen's Big-Ass Quilt' or something similar. :lol:

Comment

Super idea, Rita. I'll have to think about that. I have already used pieces of fabrics from my later mother's and my late father's clothes.

Comment

I was thinkin' the same thing !!

Comment

Looking forward to that. It can be a huge quilt :roll: :wink: :mrgreen:

living in Central Denmark
                    Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Norma, you are sooooo naughty but nice! Initially I will have to get rid of Sizes 26 to 36. There is a lot of fabric in those clothes!

Comment

You ladies are too much! :lol: I was thinking that the only way the crossed fingers would work is if they were behind your back and someone taped them there. Love the wreath and the love behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by ritzy
                          You ladies are too much! :lol: I was thinking that the only way the crossed fingers would work is if they were behind your back and someone taped them there. Love the wreath and the love behind it.
                          ROTFLOL

Comment

Well even if only your fingers were crossed it would still make it harder to pick up any of the tasty nibbles, which would slow down the process. The other option would be to do some sewing on silk fabric or with silk threads - you definitely would not want any sticky or greasy fingers near that piece of work, so you wouldnt be able to 'graze' whist working on it... :wink:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 60 users online. 0 members and 60 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X