[vb_main_1]

Anybody wants a good laugh?!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody wants a good laugh?!!

Every other year, on the last day before the summer break, my school has a 'carnival' day, full of games and activities. There is always a theme and everybody (students and staff) have to dress up. The theme for this year is 'Characters From Books'. Mmmmhhhh........ I can't see myself as Ophelia, Alice in Wonderland, or The Hobbit, But I did fleetingly think of making a very basic linen kaftan, get a very large toy hammer and a tool belt and wander around school, shouting: 'Noah, where are you? We have to build another Ark! It's going to rain!'

To my utter delight though I managed to sort out something different, and I'm going to carry the book, just in case anybody wants me to tell them a story (giggle). Because I'm 7 stone lighter I actually manage to get into this dress (but only just). The beadwork is amazing and actually much too nice for a school carnival. But I'm sure that this will be my last one before I retire, so I have pushed out the boat....... Meet "Sheherezade's Grandmother - Straight out of 1001 Arabian Nights"

From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

looking fantastic, Lorchen. great costume... and im sure you could do the story telling withoutthe book :P :P :P

Comment

How fun, Lorchen! great dress! Where did you get that? You are looking fabulous!

Comment

What a great costume. I only wish you had put on a bigger photo, so I could see the details better and maybe get a better laugh :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

living in Central Denmark
        Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Wow Lorchen leprechaun's fairy godmother

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

What fun! Me too. I wanted to see more detail. I clicked on the picture but couldn't get it to open on it's own.

Comment

Lorchan,
              7 stone that's a whole person....you look fabulous have a lovely summer and look forward to that retirement
              Anne

Comment

Sorry, I was in a rush. Now that I'm back, thoroughly wet after a session in my son's garden, unable to escape Eva and the hose pipe....... I'm attaching a flat shot, a not so flat shot, and a detail. This type of Arabic / Indian dress is called a 'Farasha'. I think farasha means butterfly in Arabic. I luckily don't live too far away from parts of Nottingham and Leicester where there are a lot of Asian shops, and the fabrics and clothes are wonderful, not as boring as the average Western European stuff. So, here you are (should be 'clickable' this time).

Comment

As soon as I saw the title of the post, I just knew who put it up there.

Fantastic dress, fantastic success, and lovely story!

Keep it up! (the dressing up, I mean! :wink: )

Comment

Thank you, Lorchen. You look fabulous and I really like to study all the details.

Comment

Lorchen--what a great dress. I love the idea of carrying the book. You look great.

Comment

Lorchen what a fabulous outfit! The colour is beautiful and you look so fantastic. And I know somebody who will just love that outfit further down the line too.

Comment

Rita, I have the feeling that this outfit is destined to be shared around a bit, because I got it second-hand. I'm sure the lady in the shop tried to explain something about it to me, but she didn't speak any English and my Gujarati is zero. We smiled a lot at each other.

Comment

Beautiful outfit, Lorchen!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

That is a beautiful farasha, Lorchen, and you look great in it. Thanks for showing the close-ups--it was interesting to see all the beading up close.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 65 users online. 0 members and 65 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X