[vb_main_1]

Rita'a recommended wrist exercises

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rita'a recommended wrist exercises

I'm putting a copy of Rita's post here so that it will be easier for me (and others?) to find :wink:

Becky I am sorry to hear that you have carpal tunnel on top of your other health issues. I don't know if this will be of help but I found it helpful when I had tendonitis in my wrist. The man is a percussionist so would be well aware of repetitive strain injuries. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUyMNyrOHJQ
    Robin

Rosemary this is just great , I love the birdies singing in the background very relaxing and good for us as well .
    Thanks for posting.
    Yn Harddwch Gogledd Cymru

Comment

Thanks for posting this, very helpful!

Comment

VERY helpful indeed!
        it is very painful still, tomorrow i will visit my raumatolog dr. and ask her when can i start those exercises. i already started on the left hand, i feel little tiny betterness bless you both rozmary and rita and all the rest of the family

Comment

Great idea Rosemary! Thank you

Comment

Thanks for sharing this video. I have tendinitis in both arms from should to wrist from my work and I am hopeful this might help!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Rosemary! My wrist tendonitis is definitely interfering with my quilting, so I will try these!

Comment

I went to the video, tried the exercises; to me, they seem like really good stretching exercises for quilters, even as prevention for those who don't suffer tendinitis or carpal tunnel syndrome, to be done before AND after a long sewing/quilting session. Thanks, Rita! and Rosemary, really great idea to re-post here for quick and easy access.

Comment

i've integrated the exercises into my quilting sessions - great to do during a break - or to break for!
                  will certainly give renewed energy and alleviate pains to the neck and back as well as you give yourself a really good stretch!

for the same reason i've also started doing them at work - if we sit at the computer a lot - these are great - for hands / wrists / arms / neck & back! :P :P :P

i've saved the link in my favorites - so much easier to get at if i can't remember - or to pass on...

Comment

Great idea Rosemary, thanks for posting separately. I am thinking of putting a note to myself on my design wall as well so that when I am standing there ruminating I can be doing the exercises at the same time.

Comment

I paper-pieced a quilt 2 years ago and brought on a case of carpal tunnel -- probably from ironing after every seam sewed.

I am now working on the 2013 BOM and am just fingernail pressing. I think that the result is better than ironing, and I am having no trouble whatsoever with my wrist.

Give it a try.

BethMI

Comment

Tried them, and they did help .Will keep the link on my FB to revisit.

Comment

Going to check out the video now!!! Although my wrist feels back to normal now, I had an awful episode during Thanksgiving that has recurred whenever I overwork my wrist chopping, cutting, sewing and ironing. So this video is right on time!

Comment

update to all -
                            i passed an operation on my right hand few weeks ago, ....well, i can say that i have different pain now.... :? , i hope it will vanish soon.

(lucky me that i have only 2 hands )

the operation for the second hand plan for march next year.

good luck every body,

happy healthier year every body!!

b

Comment

I hope for you that the pain will vanish soon

living in Central Denmark
                              Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 63 users online. 0 members and 63 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X