[vb_main_1]

Have you watched Stitched?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you watched Stitched?

Have you watched Stitched yet? What did you think?

Ah... Not yet! Thanks for the reminder! Obviously, I come to the forums before the blog page. LOL!
    Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
    working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
    Tired. 
    Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
    Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

I watched and enjoyed it.... Liked seeing what Puducha and Houston Quilt Shows are like as I will never get there. I would love to learn how CAROL FALLERT does her curved piecing on large strips of fabric for her backgrounds. I would have liked some more interviews from other quilt stars.... they were there and could have gotten some sound bites. I think it was kind of trying to HIGHLIGHT controversy between TRADITIONAL QUILTERS AND ART QUILTERS. TO me that argument is so old news and there is place in the world for both and I want to do it all even if I am not good at all.

Nonnie
      aka
      Lady Rags
      Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
      working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
      Tired. 
      Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
      Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

If you were on the fence about going to Houston, this should certainly whet your appetite!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Do I have to renew to watch Stitched? I am already a star member with 6 months to go. Where do I find it?
          Debby

Comment

It was in today's newsletter. I expect it will be on the forum some time today, after the west coast folks get up and at 'em! :wink:

http://daily-blog/106-website-featur...-coming-to-tqs

Comment

I saw the premiere at the Cincinnati show in the Spring. It's a wonderful look into a level of quilting most of us only aspire to, but it offers a great look into the creative process that is part of every quilter. If you're into Country Western music, you'll absolutely love the sound track on this film. Well worth the time to view (and to listen to).

Comment

If you want to watch Stitched and you are a member, just click on the 3 faces with STITCHED underneath the navigation bar in the Daily Blog.

Comment

Thanks Mary Kay! I didn't even see it there! :roll:

Comment

It was not exactly a "feel good" movie for me. Yes, the quilts looked wonderful - but there always seemed to be some sort of controversy. I really don't ever want to meet any of those crabby older ladies with their closed minds about anything but hand quilting. Plus - SO many overweight people. No wonder our health care expenses are so high.

I'm not sure I'll even recommend this movie to any of my friends. I was pretty glad when it was over. Oh....I liked Randall a lot.

Comment

I loved the movie! Made me want to get out my sewing machine and get to work. Very inspiring to see the table top machine quilting work and I love Carol's idea of the clamp! Every art form has controversy with new vs. traditional. I found that each "camp" had their justified POVs. I'm thrilled they made the movie and could have watched more footage of the show and quilters. Thanks so much for providing access.

Comment

Watched Stitch this morning. I really did like it. Carol has been a hero of mine since I ran into her web site just browsing the internet. I went back time after time trying to soak up the color and inspiration, so creative and talented. I think the traditional vs. art quilts controversy will always be around. Really they are two different venues that need their own place and rewards. I love and admire both and hope to become more artsy in the future. Thank you for the gift of viewing this cool film.
                        Debby

Comment

I just watched it, I really liked it. I have never been to any of the big shows like that, so it was really cool to get a look at one. I would love to go to Houston! I guess they wanted to highlight the "controversy" of the art vs traditional quilts. I really don't think you can compare the traditional quilts with the art quilts, they are just two completely different types of quilts. I actually love them both. I am totally impressed by the imagination that goes into the art quilts and the traditional quilts will always be amazing.

Comment

While it was interesting to watch these three, big time quilters, as they worked to get their quilts to Houston; it seemed to leave me feeling like anything I could make would never make the standard of Houston.

Comment

I watched it first thing this morning...even before I had breakfast! I had mixed emotions about it. I would loved to have seen more of the quilt making process and not so much about the art vs. traditional quilting controversy. There is obviously a place in this world for everyone's quilts and I thought that was focused on a little too much since there was so much else that could have been included to offer a lot more impact. I adore Carol and Holli's pieces and I would like to learn more about Randall. It was fun seeing Ricky there!

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 37 users online. 0 members and 37 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X