[vb_main_1]

Fibromyalgia

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibromyalgia

Who else stitches with Fibromyalgia? I've been having a flare, and need some advice about pushing ahead with my quilting. :unsure:

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

I do not have Fiber myalgia but have severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have good days and bad. My quilting helps.

I purchased a scan n cut because I have difficulty cutting. And i can no longer hand quilt. Can not hold the needles. But love my machine. And everyday i find some step i can work on.

Planning. Cutting or sewing slowly on my machine.

Take your time know your limits and adapt.

Like when using my machine I can not use the knee lift. So that day no Bernina. I can using my Husqvarna Viking OR Pfaff They both have sensor foots system that automatically raises the pressure foot.

On totally horrible days i use my embroidery module and let the machine do most of the work.

Hope this helps. I am also always looking for tips

Comment

I have had fibromyalgia for years. My doctors prescribed medications, biofeedback, a tens unit, etc.
      I found that mild, simple exercise (like walking) helped more than anything else.
      Make sure you have a chair that is ergonomically correct for you. That is very important.
      Watch your posture when you sew. Don't sew with your shoulders hunched over. Try to remember to keep those shoulders back.
      Get up frequently and move around. I have less pain if I have to get up and walk to the ironing board to press some seams, that if I set up a small ironing station next to my sewing machine and and do all my pressing there.

Blessings,
      Judith

Comment

Judith, I get up from the machine to press and cut also. I find that it keeps the pain down. I saw my pain mgmt dr. the other day; apparently, I have bursitis in my rotator cuff. Who knew that could even happen? I guess it's better than a tear, right?

I have to remember to take my lunchtime meds. I'm really bad about that.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
        Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

With regards to remembering to take your meds, I have to take my Warfarin at 6.30 each evening so I have an alarm on my mobile phone to remind me, I switch it off and still forget to take them.
          I have Tenosynovitis in my left wrist which is painful but am still able to sew.
          Hope you are all keeping warm we have had some frost and -6 in the mornings but no snow thank goodness.
          Anne

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 41 users online. 0 members and 41 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X