[vb_main_1]

Houston 2020

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston 2020

Barbara Black, I saw that Houston was cancelled, like so many other things. I immediately thought of your lifetime achievement award of having
    a showing of your quilts was being cancelled too. I am so sorry. But they said to keep tuned for a Virtual Show, so I hope to see your show online. Will you be
    keeping your secret sewing secret anyway? Everyone that reads your blog can't wait for a glimpse of what you are doing. HelenW

Helen, I hope the Special Exhibit will be next year in Houston, 2021. Lots of planning is going on right now for the virtual event for this Fall so I don't know what the official plan is yet. As soon as I do, I'll share.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by "bbquiltmaker" post=148055
      Helen, I hope the Special Exhibit will be next year in Houston, 2021. Lots of planning is going on right now for the virtual event for this Fall so I don't know what the official plan is yet. As soon as I do, I'll share.
      Looks like we won't have to wait for 2021.

Forum Quilting Friends, Are you aware that Barbara Blacks Special Exhibit will be a part of the Virtual Quilt Show Dec.3 to Dec. 5. For just $10 you get a general pass to see all the amazing quilts. Plus the list of guests that will be giving seminars is fantastic. They cost $10 a seminar or $20 for Master Classes. What an opportunity, I don't travel and
      would never get a chance to go in person. Now they are bringing it right into our homes. Fun, Fun, Fun. HelenW

PS Barbara, if you post the link in a forum message that would make it really easy for TQS members to check it out. I know you have it on your blog.

Comment

Thank you, Helen!
        Response to Virtual Quilt Festival has been excellent. I know I will be eager to see my Exhibit and will be ready at 10 am Thursday December 3, when it opens.

Here is the blog I wrote the other day with more information and links to buy a ticket:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2020/11/going-to-houston-this-year.html

North Alabama, USA

Comment

I bought my ticket! I have signed up for 2 master classes and 4 lectures. I will watch for your exhibit Barbara
          Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by "CarrieG" post=151800
            I bought my ticket! I have signed up for 2 master classes and 4 lectures. I will watch for your exhibit Barbara
            Great! Thanks, Carrie.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Barbara and Helen,
              Thank you for the reminder and link in your blog post. Purchased my ticket and a couple of lectures today. I would not have had opportunity to travel Houston in person, however very much looking forward to the virtual experience. Stay well all.
              -Terri

Comment

Beautiful quilts Barbara!
                Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Is anyone beside me having problems accessing a full screen to watch the slide shows . I tried to watch Barbara Blacks's and all I get is a 2 inch opening on the screen.
                  I emailed the show contact but have yet to get a response. I missed my first class because I did not receive the access email. It was not in spam or trash. I am using a 27 inch iMac an using Safari since that is our browser. Maybe the festival does not work well with Apple. Below is what I could see of Barbara's slide show. Frustrated. HelenW

Comment

Helen, I can see it on my desktop and laptop--using Chrome and on my Ipad using Safari. There have been access issues off and on all day--I think from the large number of people trying to access.

Right now I can see my quilts and the info placards full screen, no problems, on my Desktop--using Chrome.

You will have access to your class until December 12 so not to worry, you will be able to see it whenever it's convenient for you.

For Help, you need to use the Live Help desk in the app. I bet no one has time to check email during the VQF.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

All the Quilt Gallery problems of Thursday were fixed that evening. You have until 10 pm CST tonight to register for Virtual Quilt Festival and the Quilts will be available for viewing until March 2021. Classes you registered for can be viewed until December 12, 2020, except for two that were Live Only.

If you had trouble Thursday be sure to check again

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Barbara, your quilts displayed at the Houston Virtual Quilt Festival were beautiful and inspiring. What a quilting journey you have had and I can’ wait to see where your journey takes you in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by "radquilter" post=151943
                          Barbara, your quilts displayed at the Houston Virtual Quilt Festival were beautiful and inspiring. What a quilting journey you have had and I can’ wait to see where your journey takes you in the future.
                          Thank you! With no place for comments on the Special Exhibit I have received no feedback from anyone on the Exhibit. I truly appreciate you taking time to let me know you enjoyed the quilts. It took many hours, more than anyone could imagine, to propose an Exhibit, get it accepted then every quilt had to be professionally photographed again once it became a Virtual exhibit. Then submitted again.

Thank you!

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Barbara,
                            I too was thrilled to see your exhibit in the virtual show! As a TQS member, I have enjoyed watching your very informational visits to the set and thank you for your BOM leadership, although I have fallen behind. Anyways since you still have access to the show I wanted to share that two of my quilts got accepted to the contest gallery. In case you want to see them, My Florida Keys is in Stitching it Together and Holy Cathedral Windows is in Pieces of Tradition. It was Overwhelming to see my work alongside the most beautiful quilts around the world! What an honor, just sorry we couldn't be there in person. These two areposted in the TQS gallery under my profile also. Well, congratulations on your incredible journey!!
                            Sincerely, Heather Gomez, Tavernier,FL

Comment

Heather, beautiful pieces! So glad you shared them here. Yes, really too bad we aren’t meeting in Houston to celebrate together.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 78 users online. 0 members and 78 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X