"COLORFUL RHAPSODY"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"COLORFUL RHAPSODY"

I wanted to share a picture of my COLORFUL RHAPSODY
    The Summer BOM from a few years ago. I entered it in our quilt Guilds Show last month.
    I got a viewers choice Honorable Mention.

Margarita

Congratulations again The quilting is lovely and you got good definition with the appliqué, is it wool batting?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Thanks Wendy, no wool batting (allergic to wool) I believe it is cotton 80/20

Margarita

Comment

Congratulations Margarita, well done. And I will wait patiently for you to finish hand quilting your beautiful Dear Jane quilt, which I am dying to see really. :cheer:

Comment

That is lovely, Margarita. Congratulations on recognition for such a beautiful quilt. :cheer:

Comment

Oh that is really pretty! Congratulations! I've always thought viewers choice was one of the greatest ribbons to get.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Congratulations, Margarita, that is Beautiful!

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

VERY pretty Margarita!
                Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Beautiful work Margarita ! I just love it.

Comment

Lovely quilt and very lovely work...and since you are so well versed in appliqué Margarita I was going to ask you and the group of course has anyone ever used felt for appliqués? Is it doable but still beautiful? Would you need to use fusible interfacing?(sorry can't remember what's its called) or just steam a seam to stick them down?

I sure have missed chatting with everyone lately but I have been busy tidying up the yard and trying to learn my sewing machine which is coming nicely...I have made some covers for a couple of my sewing scissors and want to make a sewing machine cover and by then then I should know my machine very well. I am going to try to use all of the feet but I am not sure if that is even possible lol...it may end up looking like a child attacked my cover laughing here, no I am sure I can control these silly willy urges...can you imagine a cover for your machine with large button holes cut into it? Ah I am in a silly mood today!
                    Take care all and it would be nice to hear from you.
                    As ever,
                    Terri

Comment

Terri felt is lovely for appliqué. I wouldn't use a fusible because ironing may flatten it too much. I pin and hand sew or machine it on but a little fabric glue, elders washable or dab of print stick would keep it in place until sewn down. It's a chance to use all those stitches as well as feet on your machine

Comment

Wendy, thank you for the advice. I never thought of using a little glue for the felt but that is probably all I will need. I can't wait to get at this idea brewing in my head...at least get started putting it down on some paper to work out a pattern. But from what I can see in my mind it should be nice..

Have a great day!
                        Terri

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 64 users online. 0 members and 64 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X