[vb_main_1]

Finally posted my pic

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally posted my pic

I finally got my picture posted of my first Convergence quilt. I put a pic of the back there as well.

Why do I have a knot in my stomach? I'm glad no one can see it up close. I had thread tension problems on the back. :roll:

The next quilt will be perfect if it kills me. Ha!

Barbara

Hi Bar, Ricky was right after all!!! I'm glad you kept on working on that harmonic convergence. It turned out to be a wonderful piece.

Have a great day, Sharon in TN

Comment

Barbara, it turned out wonderful. I love the dark rich blues and the contrasting colors make everything pop. You are encouraging me to get mine quilted.

Comment

I really love the colors. Thanks for sharing!

Chelley

Comment

Beautiful! Forget the pit in your stomach! It's great.

Comment

I absolutely love your colors--it's beautiful!

Comment

Barbara, Your quilt is so pretty! The colors are beautiful. Perfect shmerfect . Just finishing is perfect enough for me. That it turned out so nicely is icing on the cake. Karen
              Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

It's lovely, Barbara - very 'serene'!

Lorchen
                From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Barbara,
                  That quilt is awesome! I love the back too-great fabric.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                  Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Barbara your convergence is spectacular and it looks pretty darn perfect to me so don't worry too much about the next one just enjoy this one and when the next one comes do your best then and that is all that counts.

But I have a question about the back is is all one piece of cloth or pieced and if one piece what manufacturer and pattern. It looks like the ombres that come from England but also has the look of Ricky's new line so I am at a lost but love the fabric and can think about many uses for a piece like that so fill me in please

Thanks Ann aka Snowplow currently in Mississippi Texas here we come on MONDAY

Comment

Ann.....

The quilt top is Ricky Tims Caveman Crunchies, the border and binding are hand dyed fabric from Cherrywood Fabrics and the back is Ricky Tims Rhapsodie Coloree. It is quilted with G Glef (my nod to Ricky) by Jelly Bean Quilter.

Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by bar7700
                        I finally got my picture posted of my first Convergence quilt. I put a pic of the back there as well.

Why do I have a knot in my stomach? I'm glad no one can see it up close. I had thread tension problems on the back. :roll:

The next quilt will be perfect if it kills me. Ha!

Barbara
                        Barbara, I love the quilt. The colors are some of my favorite. You inspire me to try making one myself. Maybe after Houston You shouldn't have that know in your stomach. The quilt is great!
                        Charlotte

Comment

I just posted Remembering Aunt Cora #3 in my profile and now that I have mastered that I can go back to blogging my quilting story.

Remembering Aunt Cora #1 (which lives in Oregon now) was an adaptation of attic windows to represent Aunt Cora's china cupboard where she kept her cups and saucers. #2 lives in California and I did not get a picture of it posted but #3 is MINE. And it travels with me in the summer in the motor home too.

#3 was a true experiment for me because I thought I could caveman cut the teapot and not have to applique that section. I think I did pretty good on it and this is one of my favorite quilts.

Aunt Cora was a special woman in my life and I am so happy that I could honor her in this way. #1 and #2 belong to two of her grandchildren and they love theirs but mine blends the love of beauty I learned from her and the free spiritedness that she also taught me. She was a woman before her times and if I am half that woman I know I have done well.

Ann still in Texas but moving out Monday.

Comment

Ann the teapot turned out really neat. Karen
                            Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Ann,
                              I love it!!! How did you do the cups? Were they chantelled too?
                              eileenkny 8)

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
                              Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 70 users online. 0 members and 70 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X