[vb_main_1]

Message from Festival of Quilts!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message from Festival of Quilts!

Hey, Justin! All the TQS fans are disappointed that you aren't here, even though we do understand the reasons. Let's home that we can meet you this side of the big pond one of these days!

Lorchen
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Hey Lorchen,
    I wished I could have come over too but it just didn't work out this time. Hopefully, I will be able to come the next time. Y'all just be sure to send RT home safe and sound.
    Hugs,
    J

Comment

hello Justin, good to see the 'real' you. I'm sure all Ricky's English fans have taken good care of him, he sure was kept busy all the time. The evening show on Friday night was amazing, Ricky is so good at everything he does, the audience had an absolute 'blast'.

Comment

Thanks Fabpatch. I assume you're talking about the whole BAD BART thing. SHHHH I never wanted that character but did it just for Alex and Ricky since they wanted it. After 2 seasons the producers and I sort of conducted a coup and off goes Bart. Thanks for all of you for taking care of RT for us all. Just please send him back

Justin

Comment

Ricky should be back by now, Justin. Didn't like to let him go, but I guess he needs a rest after 4 very busy days here. I wonder if he brought back any Maltesers, or if he ate them all. Everybody in the UK now knows not to treat Ricky to smoked salmon sandwiches. Maybe we should serve him carp patties in future! :lol:

Justin, I bought a couple of your hand-dyed fabrics (The only fabrics I bought at FOQ!!!!). They not only look great, but they also feel lovely. I look forward to cut them up and turn them into something. At this moment I'm just not quite sure yet what.... Do you have the time to keep experimenting with dyeing? I'd love to see what you can come up with if you play a little more. Good hand-dyed fabrics are brilliant, because you always end up with something original when you use them. And, Justin, you obviously know what you are doing when it comes to dyeing.

Lorchen

Comment

Hi Lorchen,
            I'm sorry for not responding sooner, but cheez....there's got to be more hours in the day! Thanks sending RT home and NO, he didn't bring me any Maltesers but then I knew he wouldn't.
            I'm glad you like our fabrics. I would like to say I dyed those, but alas, I can't. They're all my dye recipes(with exception of about 4 of them), but no, I don't get to dye anymore unless I'm teaching a class.
            So enjoy and go ahead girl, cut them up!!!!
            Justin

Comment

Hey Justin, do we need to start exporting Maltesers to La Veta so you can have some too? Or is your weakness some some other Uk confectioner? Lol

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

No, Maltesers will do. They're packaged small so you get a whole bunch in a box...LOL

Justin

Comment

Pst, Justin.... whispering...... Ricky must have very happily munched his way through three large bags in about a week. If (when) you come to the UK I make sure there'll be enough Malthesers for both of you.

I've pinned the bright fabric to my 'design wall' (also knows as cheap muslin curtain from Ikea), so that I look at it all the time. I'm now waiting for inspiration to hit me.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...ome-and-garden

Lorchen

Comment

OK, folks from the UK--what are Malthesers? Some of us have never been out of the US. Thanks, ritzy

Comment

Hi Ritzy
                      Maltesers are available in Australia too they are balls of chocolate very nice.
                      Jenny in Oz
                      Jenny in Oz

Comment

Hey Ritzy

I haven't had any for a while but if my memory serves me correctly they are balls of honeycomb with a thin coating of chocolate. They just melt in your mouth, and are gone too quickly. Yum yum!!

Comment

Oh my! My mouth is watering just thinking of the combination. CHeryl

Comment

So that's what a Maltheser is! I used to get them in Canada (I grew up in northern MN on the Canadian border). They were one of my favorite treats as a child - hate to tell you how many years it's been since I had one!

Comment

Oh my, good thing they aren't found around here. I would really have to have self-control! :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X