[vb_main_1]

Postings disappearing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postings disappearing?

Regarding the Old Blog Posts - I am not optimistic the old Blog Posts will be recovered. I will check in to this tomorrow and provide an update. Thanks Wendy

For some reason, it looks like I've only posted 104 times? Where did the other 1000 or so disappear to?

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

They're prob'ly in the same black hole with other postings that recently vanished ! inch:

Comment

:angry: :angry: I've been here since 2007! Not good.

Comment

It's the same for all of us. I think posts before a certain date have been deleted. We must have got too big hope there's a back up somewhere so the essential ones can be retrieved.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

How many of us are there, anyway?

Comment

165,617 I didn't check everyone :lol:

Trouble with having the post info removed from our profile is that we'll be saying welcome to the forum to people who've been here from the beginning but not posted much lately and they may feel offended. I do have trouble remembering forum names when we change our profile pics.

Comment

Wow! Didn't realize there were that many members!!
                I have been here from the beginning, but took a bit of a sabbatical
                I just don't like it that I might need to go back to an old post and now I can't.

Comment

No it's as traumatic as when we lost the blogs. I'll ask if we can have them for reference only

Comment

I have also been here from the beginning and definitely feel TQS is NOT listening to our needs/wants for the site. The April Fools Joke about spending a million dollars on the site just might have fixed the problems. I can understand changing the site to update and make it user friendly, but come on, the money they are spending is not being well spent. They said the blogs would come back, well...NOT. Now the older BOM conversations, GONE, etc. Very disappointed and feel we are just a paycheck to them and not people.

But having said all that, I still like the family feel on the forum and help we give and take, along with the encouragement we receive. Without TQS I/we never would have met so many of the wonderful quilters. It has become a great community even with all the TQS site problems.

Sharon, in sunny, Colorado

Comment

I so agree with your comments, Sharon. How sad that the early BOM posts were deleted without any notice nor any explanation. The past BOMs contained lots of problem solving information as well as pattern correction information. I had always planned that some day, I would make those quilts and now. . .well, it is going to be even more challenging.

I am a charter member. I am grateful for the friendships that have formed here on the site. Unfortunately, the feel of the site has changed over the years and not in good way. Remember how there were regular posts from Alex, Ricky and even a thread from Lilo and Justin? Remember how there was excitement from the creators over new classes and techniques? I miss that energy. I miss that connection. Remember when there were problems, we heard from someone? I even received several personal e-mails from Bob when I had issues accessing the site. I miss that communication. Losing the blogs was a blow softened by the promise to bring them back. So far, that hasn't happened and after all this time, it appears that they won't be back. Halting production of the DVD series was another decision that has negatively impacted me.

Remember when Charter members were a big deal and that Charter members were supposed to get deals--like access to all the shows for example--that other members wouldn't get? We even lost our charter member star. I too am disappointed.

Comment

Sharon and Terry, I agree with everything you're saying. I'm very disappointed.

Comment

What was the answer for the number of members? I have been a charter member also. I wish that we had the charter member stars back on our profiles.

Comment

Yup, Sharon...... without TQS......
                            It's wonderful to be your friend, and then actually manage to meet you in person, despite several thousand miles between us. TQS sure changes lifes.
                            But..... I keep giving up on the website since that big revamp. I simply do not have time to waste and need something that's quick and easy to use. I hear they are working on something. I look forward to the result of all that 'behind the scenes' activity. It can only be better.

In the meantime I look forward to see Ricky this year in Germany and in England. Wooohoooo!!

By the way....... 6 posts??? Giggle.....
                            From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=140628
                              165,617 I didn't check everyone :lol:

Trouble with having the post info removed from our profile is that we'll be saying welcome to the forum to people who've been here from the beginning but not posted much lately and they may feel offended. I do have trouble remembering forum names when we change our profile pics.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 60 users online. 0 members and 60 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X