[vb_main_1]

New changes Jan 1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New changes Jan 1

The email I received today indicated new changes to the TQS website Jan. 1, 2014. Will the current classroom classes remain available after the changes? I do hope so, particularly Alex's classes such as Holiday Lights.

Ummm! I didn't get an email. I hope so too!

Comment

No email here either, but I remember Capt'n John asking if member blogs should be transferred and the answer was a big yes. I'm quite sure that all the teaching stuff will be intact.

living in Central Denmark
      Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

It came in an email November 11, 2013 saying "How can I join for just 22 cents a show? It states TQS is going to be all new in 2014

Comment

i didnt get any mail

Comment

Because TQS now has over 126,000 members, newsletters have to be sent out in batches.
            Please be patient!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I've got a fun one...I've been getting email notices that indicate I'm a new member ! " Welcomes and here's
              your freebies" kind of things.... :?: Don't know why? haven't renewed yet... Anybody else?

Comment

Most likely what happened is that some members have more than 1 membership- a Basic and a Star. This can occur under different email addresses. I sent a letter to Basic members letting them know some of the changes coming in 2014. The biggest change for everyone is that we are going to a new approach for TQS. If you are a Star member, you will have access to all 169 shows plus all that premier. You will lose them when your membership lapses. We have grandfathered all current Star libraries so you will keep every show you have in your library on Dec 31, 2013. (Keeping your shows only counts when you don't stay a Star member. Otherwise you have full access.)

We are doing this so we can teach better. We are going to have lesson plans like "Applique 101" that will say to go to Chapter 2 of Show 310 and chapter 3 of 412 etc. To follow the plan you have to have access to all shows. I am sending a letter to all Star members tonight with the changes.
                Livermore, California, USA near San Francisco

Comment

Thanks, Cap'n John. Sounds like a great new experience.

Comment

That's great that you will refer to former shows. We are always trying to find segments of past shows looking for certain techniques or ideas. It would be great to have some sort of reference system. Karen from Ohio is our current index system as are a few other members. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

John, thank you for all the hard work you are putting in behind the scenes!
                      From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

I posted this a year or two ago, but it still holds true. . . . . . if I had to choose just one thing to have in regards to quilting it would be TQS. I've learned so much over the years and have never regretted joining this wonderful site.

Comment

thanks for the hard work, and make our life more fun!!
                          cant wait to renew my membership!!

Comment

Originally posted by NanaPie
                            I posted this a year or two ago, but it still holds true. . . . . . if I had to choose just one thing to have in regards to quilting it would be TQS. I've learned so much over the years and have never regretted joining this wonderful site.
                            I agree! The added bonus is the wonderful international community of experts who will comment, critique and support in all kinds of unexpected ways!

Comment

Originally posted by loise98
                              Originally posted by NanaPie
                              I agree! The added bonus is the wonderful international community of experts who will comment, critique and support in all kinds of unexpected ways!
                              Well said both of you!
                              Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 162 at 11:28 PM on 05-25-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X