[vb_main_1]

Photos of members

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos of members

I would love it if: when we click on a member's photo, there was the option of getting it to enlarge like we can with the quilts. My old eyes have a hard time adjusting enough to see the features. As I'm anticipating Quilt Festival and seeing everybody, It would be great if I could identify them a bit easier from their TQS profile pic.

Any chance?

Thanks John, and see ya' in Houston!

Lynn

Actually, Lynn, you already can! But the size it enlarges to depends on how large the file was when it was uploaded to the site.

For instance, by clicking the link under your photo that says "View My TQS Profile / QuilterLynn" I am taken directly to your TQS profile page
    and when I click right on your profile photo there, I have a picture on my screen that is sort of small.
    community/my-profile/QuilterLynn

community/QuilterLynn/photos

If you click on the link under my photo that says "View My TQS Profile / margo" you will be taken directly to my TQS profile page and when you click on my profile photo there, you will have a picture on your screen that is a little larger.
    community/my-profile/Margo

community/Margo/photos

It is all dependent on the size of the uploaded photo. So, if you want people to recognize you, upload a photo that is a larger size!
    The photo size that I used for this avatar is 123 KB, but you can upload a picture that is as large as 8MB.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Aha! Thank you!

Comment

And when you click on somebody's profile photo if you press 'cmd' and + (command and plus) together it should increase the size again, and if you do it several times it can get very big. You can then press 'cmd' and - (command and minus) to get it back to the original size.

WARNING - you may see wrinkles if you increase the size too much. :lol:

Comment

Thanks Rita! I had forgotten we could do that!! Jeez...that gets scary!! :roll:

On my PC, I can hold down the control key (CTRL) and use the roller on my mouse to change the scale.

This also works on pages where you want to make the text larger! If you accidentally get the page too large (or too small!) just hold down the CTRL button and press the number "0" to get the scale back to the default size.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
            And when you click on somebody's profile photo if you press 'cmd' and + (command and plus) together it should increase the size again, and if you do it several times it can get very big. You can then press 'cmd' and - (command and minus) to get it back to the original size.

WARNING - you may see wrinkles if you increase the size too much. :lol:
            Thats amazing I never knew you could do that. You realise of course that its yours and Margo's wrinkles we are all now looking at :wink:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Of course Wendy, that's why the WARNING. :lol:

Comment

And all that grey hair??? I EARNED that!! :lol:

Comment

You sure did Margo! My daughter always called grey hair 'plickery hair' I think she was confusing it with another word but it has stuck so they still refer to DH's hair as 'plickery'. Sounds so much nicer than grey don't you think?

Comment

Margo, dont you mean your silver highlights

I always say with my wrinkles that I have worked hard to earn every single one of them

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Originally posted by pam7040
                      Margo, dont you mean your silver highlights

I always say with my wrinkles that I have worked hard to earn every single one of them

Yeah! Right! Pam, I'll go with silver highlights!! :lol:

Comment

Pam, that is what I say about my silver highlights. I earned every one of them. As far as the wrinkles, my interior insulation helps to keep them filled out. :lol: At a homecoming parade a few weeks ago, the graduation class from the year after mine was in the parade. I was shocked at how "mature" that class looked. I immediately asked DSIL if I looked that old since I was a year older than they were. The darling said no. I wonder if his glasses needed cleaning? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Warms my heart !!

Comment

My mum when she gets her hair cut always complains that they only seem to cut the dark hairs & leave the silver/grey ones longer so they show up more! :lol:

Actually thanks for this thread, I need some larger pixel copies of avatars for putting in the 'Reels & Recipes' book :wink: or some people are going to look very smeary! By the way Rita, when I was grabbing avatars you had your childhood picture up on the board, shall I use that one or your current avatar? :P

Comment

I love all of these new tricks. On my computer all I have to do is press control and then scroll the mouse wheel up (away from me) and everything enlarges. I do this frequently with print that is too small for me. Then I just press the control button and scroll down (towards me) and everything gets smaller again! Now if I could just get selective with this, like slim down the hips, puff up the hair, etc. :lol:

Dawn
                              In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 119 users online. 0 members and 119 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X