Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I better have a go at making one then. I'll message you my mobile no Anne

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Flat Rita and I just shared a double Jameson (straight, no ice). She is getting her own bed here at the hotel, and even sleeps under her own little quilt. Pictures in a few days. Nighty-night, and sweet dreams!
      From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Night night. Hic! ops:

Comment

See you later Rita. Here we go, here we go, here we go.................................. :P

Comment

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, it's off to FoQ we go......looking forward to meeting you later Wendy, and Anne. :lol:

Comment

Well, I've met Wendy....... just for a few seconds. I was on duty at the British Quilt Guild at the time. Hopefully more luck and time tomorrow.

But Flat Rita has met Ruth of Stone Creek Silk, who thinks we are all bonkers. Ruth was disappointed that Rosemary was not at FoQ. I passed on the greetings and good wishes, Rosemary.

Comment

Ruth of Stone Creek Silks might have a point.... but we are happy in our madness aren't we?

Comment

Missed you Rita I think you had gone off to Starbucks when I met Lorchen.

Oh dear you lot have led me astray. I found myself buying TQS recommendations :roll: So now I have masterpiece thread, invisigrip, fine flower head pins, a shed load of beautiful hand dyed cotton.......................... :lol:

It was good to meet you Anne, I wonder if your shopping was influenced as well.

See you again tomorrow girls

Comment

Glad we led you astray Wendy - but sorry to miss you. Maybe tomorrow?

Comment

until tomorrow

Comment

please send some pix too, cant wait to enjoy them. tell us about nice things that you saw there please

Comment

Hi Wendy and Lorchen,
                          It was great fun meeting up with you both and of course Flat Rita, she didn't look a bit hung over, a bit wobbly on her feet maybe???
                          I had a wonderful time at the F O Q and yes Carol Anne Waugh has influenced what I bought, also Tom Russel beads and things.
                          Usually I walk past the Oliver Twist stand but this year I bought lots of wonderful threads for embelishing, but could have spent truck loads at the show, especially on the sewing machines. ( drooling )
                          Anne

Comment

and both of you My friend Jane was a bit bemused by flat Rita, I'll put the pics up on that thread later. I found Rosemary's friend said hello and bought some nice hand dyed fabric from her.

I really enjoyed the show and the mix round of the set up made it feel quite different from last year. I only got told off once - for taking a photo in the wrong place. I don't think I can post the quilt show pictures of stunning quilts because I didn't note down the maker and I know they are quite touchy in this country about displaying work and you need to acknowledge the maker.

After what I've been learning on here and the fmq challenge I took particular note of the quilting and there were some wonderful pieces. I did a lot of oohing and ahhing. The quilters olympics made me laugh, very witty wish I'd thought of that.

Good to have met you Lorchen and Anne, I thought it would be awkward but it was like meeting old friends if a little nutty.

Comment

Becky I saw Kaffe Fassett *swoon* he looked as colourful as his quilts.

Comment

'Nutty'???? Never. We are serious textile artist and were on a several day fact-finding mission. I'll post some details when I'm back home tomorrow night.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 84 users online. 0 members and 84 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X