[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

First International Quilt Festival of Ireland

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello there you UK'ers. Hope you don't mind me popping onto your turf.. Right now I'm mainly interested
    I have a friend who is leaving in two hours to go to Ireland for a week. She wants to get to as many quilt shoppes as possible. Any ideas I can pass on to her. She said her itinerary is not fixed, but she will be possibly be visiting Belfast and Wicklow areas.

Thanks so much.

Comment

Terri, you do know Ireland is not part of the UK don't you? :lol:

Here is a website that lists all the quilts shops in Ireland. There are a lot more in Northern Ireland than in the south. As far as I can see there are 2 in Belfast. The one in Wicklow is very far inland and would take about 1 1/2 hours from Dublin on very windy roads. I hope she enjoys her trip. Please ask her to bring a extra bag of sunshine with her.

http://fluffysheepquilting.blogspot....n-ireland.html

Comment

ops: ops:

Well, I know now. I was never good in Geography or politics. ops: ops:

Thanks for the info, I will email her with it pronto!

So sorry, How embarassing. How about Wales?

Comment

The United Kingdom consists of England, Scotland (although maybe not for long!) Wales and Northern Ireland.

Comment

Well, nothing to be embarrassed about. I remember a 15-year-old in school here in the UK a couple of years ago who thought that Ireland was part of the US, right next to New York.
            From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Originally posted by Lorchen
              Well, nothing to be embarrassed about. I remember a 15-year-old in school here in the UK a couple of years ago who thought that Ireland was part of the US, right next to New York.
              :lol: :lol: :lol: And truth be told I know very little about Canada. ops:

Comment

So, if you come over to Canada, just give a call, and I'll learn ya right good.

Many, many people inthe USA do not know much about Canada either. Some think we ski all year and live in teepees.

Mais, ici au Québec, on parle le francais. :wink:

Merci!

Comment

or igloos - we actually had bunch believing this in florida one year - and when it does - though rarely - get so warm that the igloos melt - true northerners move into caves... (or overseas)

Comment

Originally posted by Lorchen
                    Well at least he was heading in the right direction, even if his distances were a little bit out :wink:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 162 at 11:28 PM on 05-25-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X