No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Mug Rug Exchange - Do it yourself style!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mug Rug Exchange - Do it yourself style!

Ok - over on http://forum/this-and-that-quilting-...-first-in-2013, there has been lots of interest in holding a mug rug swap, but nobody is putting their hand up to run it :roll: The feedback seems to me that there is interest in some people having/doing multiple swaps and also there are some people that would like to be able to pick and chose who they swap with if possible.

Therefore I've opened this thread for a do-it-yourself Mug Rug Swap. The Basic Guidelines are

1) Post on here that you are open to swaps
    2) Add any names you would particularly like to swap with (and no Wendy, I don't recommend that you list every member of TQS - at least not to start with :P )
    3) Indicate if you would swap with any offeree's (possibly up to a set number - if you do this be sure to post when you have enough mug rugs!)
    4) To make/confirm an offer, either post on this thread and/or send an email to the person concerned (use the small envelope box under the person's profile name on their post. If you want to add any specifications ie size, colour, theme this is the time to do so, otherwise just put sender's choice.
    5) You might want to agree a posting date - or we say that any agreements in one month have to be posted by the end of the following month - ie if you confirm a swap in March you must ensure that it is posted by the end of April - unless you can post a really good story of why life got in the way. Fire, flood and the 'Dog ate my homework' (provided it is told in a humourous fashion) will be acceptable (Wendy is permitted to substitute 'chicken' for 'dog')

(having said that I might be needing an extension because from now until the end of April is going to be very busy for me, with organising an 11th birthday party and teaching a whole day embroidery class, which still needs lots of preparation sorting out)

6) Don't forget to exchange snail mail addresses via e-mail (or you won't receive anything :roll: :wink: )

Apart from this I suggest that we just make it up as we go along - you know same a usual 8) :lol:

7) Since in 2-3 days a lot of people have (nearly) overcommitted themselves, but would like to come back for more later, it has been suggested that people restrain themselves to a maximum of 4 mug rugs per round. Once you have them done, come back and see if you can swap some more.

It is mayhem in this thread! good fun, but mayhem

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

I am open to offers for mug rug swaps. I would prefer to swap with any of the regular 'lounge lizards' that I frequently chat with here on the forum, but this is not exclusive. I will have to limit how many swaps I accept that will need posting in April, but will be open to further offers/swaps for posting after that.

ps. Lois, if you want a swap, I know exactly what I would like to make for you! For anybody else I will need to put my thinking cap on....

Comment

Rosemary, I want to swap with you. I have a AAQI that Rita made with one of Maureen's reels. I would like to collect things made by the "lounge lizards". I want you all in my sewing room. What's the deal here? Do I tell you how many I am willing to make?

Okay Lois,(talking to myself) read the whole thing. Do it yourself style? Umm... Make it up as you go... Sounds good!

I am willing to make 4 for starters and since Rosemary has something in mind for me I will jump at that and I will figure out something for her. End of May is fine with me for a deadline on Rosemary's. Now I am down to 3. I am hoping for a chicken rug, Wendy, which would put me down to 2. That is if Wendy will trust me to come up with something for her.

What are the usual dimensions of a mug rug?

Comment

What are the dimensions of a '"mug rug"?

Comment

If you Google "Mug Rug" there are lots of links for information and inspiration!

http://www.twomoreseconds.com/2011/0...-mug-rugs.html

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I've just measured one of my mugs and it is about 3.5" across, so I would think that 4" square would be the smallest size. That said Wendy's mug rug is definitely larger http://forum/this-and-that-quilting-...-first-in-2013 - maybe 5" x 10" (to include space for cake?)

Now to go and check out Margo's link....

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

I am hoping they would me at least 4"x8" so there is room for a cookie and big enough to put on the wall if I so choose. I like 5"x 10". More cookies!!!

Comment

Okay, I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by loise98
                  I am hoping they would me at least 4"x8" so there is room for a cookie and big enough to put on the wall if I so choose. I like 5"x 10". More cookies!!!
                  I could make it a good 5" x8" or a bare 8" x 10" - which do you fancy? I already have your address from Chinese Whispers.

Comment

I'm in for four, but by the end of May, and since I don't know if I'm a Lounge Lizard or not, I'd swap with those that aren't

I like birds and would like to swap with someone else who does, and who likes greens, greeny yellows and blues and whites and browns and and and....

by the way, I can't type the letter to the outside of the w on my keyboard, thanks to a St. Patty's day ale that got a bit tipsy. Hmmmm.
                    So, if your name has a " " I won't be able to spell it right. :roll:

Comment

By the way, just what is the definition of a Lounge Lizard? Does one have to have wrinkly, scaley skin or what? :lol: :lol:

Comment

I would like to join in, but would have to wait a couple of months to commit. I'm not sure how Limbania is feeling and don't know when I'll get the Chinese Whispers quilt, but that has to be my highest priority when it arrives. After that, I would exchange with anyone, especially lounge lizards. I assume I'm a lounge lizard since I have the wrinkly, scaley skin and my social life revolves around the TQS forum. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nancy

Comment

Will Swap...number and time isn't too much of an issue as long as it doesn't
                          go overboard ! Would love to exchange with Whisperers and other "regulars"....
                          Is that the same as "Lounge Lizards?" Rosemary?

Comment

This sounds like nightmare for getting ourselves in a pickle. Lois I'll happily swap with you so if I send you one in April and you can book a return when you have a slot. Terrie (crocus) shall I do you one in may sue can i make you one in June please I would love to make a dicky bird mat for your bird crumbs.

I need deadlines or you'll never get it.

Thanks rosemary for starting the Mayhem :lol:

Comment

I think I really, really, want a dicky bird mat. How about I send dicky bird mats to you and when/if you get it, if you so desire, you can send me one back? No stress. If I already do not have your snail mail address, I will contact you about it...
                              NO STRESS! Make you own deadline!

( I have some great bird fabric, I've been waiting to use .... guess the opportunity has arrived.)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 50 users online. 0 members and 50 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X