[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Robyn and Joan - polar opposites! I don't think I would enjoy either of those climactic conditions. Robyn stay cool and Joan stay warm. Will you post a photo of your quilt Robyn?

Comment

I normally don't join conversations about how cold it is because (1) I live in the south San Francisco Bay area which is almost always relatively temperate and (2) I can no longer dodge things that are thrown at me as quickly as I used to, BUT this morning it was 32 degrees F here (0 degrees C) and I noticed it! Frost on the roof top, frost on the grass, iced wind shields. I grew up in Colorado and lived in Chicago for many years so I "know from cold" as they say! My husband is from the Buffalo area; even more credibility! It seems we have forgotten that every once in a while, even here, a coat may be required... for the life of me, I can't remember where I left mine!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: I will give you a loan of mine Charae - just bought it to go with a scarf that a friend gave me for my birthday. It is lined with duck feather and down and is a lovely dark olive green. You can pop over to pick it up anytime as it's very mild here at the moment. :lol:

Comment

I'd love to take you up on it, Rita. Ireland is on my bucket list!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Hey Rita, hope you had a happy birthday! When was it? There seems to be quite a few Christmas time babies here on TQS.
            Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Hey Joan, we had -30 here too! And, we have lots of snow - my son drove during the storm from Montreal to Halifax - took him 15 hours white-knuckling it almost all the way. I was sure glad when I heard he had arrived safely.
              I too, plan to stay inside and quilt tomorrow. I find I have spent a lot of time on here watching classes, shows, extras, and now I need to get in some real quilting time, not just virtual. I agree, though, it`s hard to keep up. I love it!

Comment

Good morning. Here in eastern Pennsylvania it is 6:30 am and a chilling 22 degrees F. The older I get the more I don't like the cold. At least it isn't snowing. Oh well, I just have to think about the beautiful springtime that is around the corner.
                The bright spot for today is that I am going fabric shopping Quilt shop about an hour away is having a New Year sale of 35% off everything. Gotta love
                Lori

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                  Wow Robyn and Joan - polar opposites! I don't think I would enjoy either of those climactic conditions. Robyn stay cool and Joan stay warm. Will you post a photo of your quilt Robyn?
                  Well..............I didn't get around to basting it today - I went to the movies instead and saw "Quartet" - loved it

I will try to post a photo of the unfinished top tomorrow as I am starting to have second thoughts about what I've done so far. It's very 'minimalist' - perhaps too minimalist, but I'm not sure what else to do with it. Maybe I should just quilt it and be done with it :? Hmmmmmmm........

Comment

Karen my birthday was on the 29th December - a really crap time to have a birthday - but not as bad as Christmas Day! Lori enjoy your fabric shopping. I think I will do some of my hexies today.

Comment

Karen my birthday was on the 29th December - a really crap time to have a birthday - but not as bad as Christmas Day! Lori enjoy your fabric shopping. I think I will do some of my hexies today.
                      Rita, I quite agree with you about birthdays in December. : Happy belated birthday. Mine is the 31st December and I was saying to my daughter that I am thinking of having an Official birthday (like the Queen) in the summer. :lol: :lol: :lol: There is too much going on around Christmas. My family had 10 birthdays in December, not much fun when you are a child.

Comment

Go for it Maureen my birthday is in Feb and of course nobody can travel at that time of year so my sisters gave me a birthay party in July last year, I was able to have all three sons in the same place at the same time, photo to prove it. The two that live away were home this past season one at Christmas and one at New Years so they were not here at the same time. July was wonderful it went on for three days. Joan

Comment

Joan, in recent years I've realized that I really planned my birthday of December 23 so well because I can be pretty sure all my kids will be there to celebrate with! Pretty smart for a newborn eh?

Comment

Karen that was pretty smart of you. You are definitely on the better side of Christmas in terms of birthdays. And Maureen I agree about having an official birthday. I announced to my family last year that I didn't want to celebrate my birthday on the 29th any more and that I would be happy to celebrate on 29th June instead. But they all ignored me! No surprises there. :lol:

Comment

I announced to my family last year that I didn't want to celebrate my birthday on the 29th any more and that I would be happy to celebrate on 29th June instead. But they all ignored me! No surprises there. :lol:
                              What a great date to pick for a birthday celebration in June, Rita... it's our wedding anniversary! Happy birthday to my fellow December babies... yes, I'm one too... sssshhhhh... "whispered..." :lol:

Comment

When my sisters and I all had young children we decided celebrating all those birthdays with all the family got to be too much. We declared a day in the Summer as unbirthday and had a picnic by the pool and did a gift exchange. Remember that disney song A Very Merry Unbirthday to us? That worked!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 103 users online. 0 members and 103 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X