[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golfjane
    For some reason I'm not getting notification of updates again. Decided this morning to check in just in case I'd missed something...WOW...you ladies have sure been busy.

Rita -- that little quilt is outstanding and was very glad to see you used one of my reels in it. Haven't begun mine yet--as others have said, life sometimes gets in the way of our best laid plans. As much as I love Edyta's quilt, the strippy idea means mine may get finished instead of languishing in the box with the HSTs. Was hoping to come up with an idea to use both in the same quilt as I love the idea of having all my exchange bits in one place to enjoy all together but so far my brain has a major cramp and won't move on.

However the book/pictures get put together is fine with me--just very glad it's being done. Thoroughly enjoyed this exchange and am anxious to see what the next one will be...
    Surely you ought to get sewing the past exchanges up before you take part in any more :wink: or are they just being used as insulation?

Comment

Wot RoTT was my first exchange and yesterday I finally sat down to figure out how I'm going to put my quilt together. I think I have it (in principle), now I'm going to actually draw it out. Since I have nothing to show yet, I will just say that it is taking on a modern, rather than a traditional spin, very simple, not exactly what I had intended when I joined in the fun, but my house is anything but traditional looking so I wanted something I could really use and enjoy out in the open and that is what drove my decision.

Comment

Thanks Jane, I am glad you are pleased with what I did. Renata, I look forward to seeing some pictures of what you are going to do.

Comment

Actually, Rita, it is your last little quilt made from Jane and Sandy's little reels that gave me the idea... I know I just teased your curiosity mercilessly, but it is TRUE!

Comment

Then I will look forward to seeing it even more keenly Renata.

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished quilt for the book, Renata :wink:

I've been a good girl and have been getting on with sewing some of my reels 8) I've even worked out how to organise myself a middling size design wall to work on

Comment

Oh, my gosh, Rosemary... a design wall... I have to start clearing some wall space! Everytime I put batting/wadding over the window hanging from clothes hangers, the blocks look like stained glass and I can never figure out what looks good that way... unless I look at them at night with a peach Bellini in one hand... hic! :wink:

I just had to get started with the reels or they'd never get done... glad to see you're working on yours too.

Comment

I finally decided what to do with my reels, they are now in a quilt top that is nothing like I imagined! I got inspired by the creativity of all of your quilts. My original idea, to have each reel block in its own attic windows block, was definitely not working out! It still needs to be quilted.....

First i took photos of all the blocks with their labels, and have saved all the labels, except for Dawn who wrote her name on the
                  seam allowance, so her name is in there for eternity

Kathy

Comment

WOW Cathy! I absolutely love it! And the border fabric is fabulous too. What a terrific design, well done. How did you decide which ones to put where - this is something I am finding hard to decide.

Comment

that's fantastic - Love it!!!

Comment

Kathy,
                        Your design is wonderful...love the shadowing effect you used and then putting them all on point. What a great idea!!

Comment

Very, very clever !!!

Comment

Good job Kathy. I like it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                              WOW Cathy! I absolutely love it! And the border fabric is fabulous too. What a terrific design, well done. How did you decide which ones to put where - this is something I am finding hard to decide.
                              Rita and all, thank you!
                              I had them up on various backgrounds, took them down and put them in a pile. After I cut the alternate squares, I just picked them up and placed them at random. I changed the positions of a couple of them. There was a bright yellow and a lightish one that needed to change places. Honestly, I find that random is often better than my choices based on thinking about where they should go. That seems kind of sad, really, that chance is a better designer than I am ops: .

The border fabric was a lucky find in my stash. See, it's a great idea to have a big stash! That's what I'm telling myself, now that my stash is overflowing my storage area. The border on my pineapple quilt was a great stash fabric too.

I can't wait to see what everyone else does. I know that these things have to "cook" for a while, mine sure did!
                              Kathy

Comment

Fantastic. What a great quilt.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 65 users online. 0 members and 65 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X