[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the last little spools quilt for AAQI. I used two spools (Jane Ross/'golfbirdiegirl' and Sandy Cunningham/'Sandy2u') together and just white fabric all around. I really like this one and it's making me rethink my plan for all those spools. I have almost all of them (about 75) made into spool blocks already so it would involve some frogging. Hmmm, think, think, think, (as Winnie the Pooh would say.

Comment

Gowleeee Rita that is beautiful great job Joan

Comment

Wow ! If that doesn't say Ireland all over it ! The thought of a color-washing strippy crossed my mind, too! But I
        decided to follow the spool idea instead ! Still haven't got them up on the board !

Comment

Originally posted by twiglet
          Must be years ago, she wouldn't have dressed like that this summer :roll:
          Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
          Ah but you are wrong Wendy! That was in July this year when we were all pretending that it was warm and summery. :lol:
          And if you follow Rita's instructions elsewhere on the forum, you can enlarge the photo up to see her goosebumps :wink: :lol:

Comment

Terrie love your new avatar. You forget how small they are when they are born.

Rosemary that is hilarious! Think I better send you a more appropriate photo - and you can take me down a peg or three. :lol:

Lorna you are way ahead of me on the reels quilt. I am going to make mine bigger than Edyta's so that it will fit my kingsize bed. Anybody else got some done?
            I take it that you think 'perhaps not' to that page layout :lol: and there was I thinking it pretty 8)
            :P :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Lorna1021
              Terry, great job! I love how colorful all of the reels are.

I actually have my top done and layered and about 1/2 quilted. Again I love the colors of everyone's reels. I am actually free motion quilting everyone's names and where they are from in the blank squares between the reels. I've outlined the applique and not quite sure what else to do in the border though since I have the lists I thought I could put the rest of the participants in and around the applique.

Rosemary, I don't have a preference for the photos. You said you were changing your design from yor original idea? What did you go with?

Lorna
              Design changes planned so far
              1. a cup of coffee in the corner - katmartin's reel of course.
              2. jiggling about with the reels for the border, might not trim them down widthwise.
              3. turn one of the reels into a butterfly (the chaos butterfly that flaps it's wings of course!)

I actually got on & drew on all the diagonal lines for the first set of reels last night, now I can sit down & stitch them sometime (soon?) and then have a play to see if I can work out my new layout plans.

Comment

Here's the last little spools quilt for AAQI. I used two spools (Jane Ross/'golfbirdiegirl' and Sandy Cunningham/'Sandy2u') together and just white fabric all around. I really like this one and it's making me rethink my plan for all those spools. I have almost all of them (about 75) made into spool blocks already so it would involve some frogging. Hmmm, think, think, think, (as Winnie the Pooh would say.
                I agree that this one is stunning. It would make me rethink plans too! There are worse things than frogging, especially when you are in love with an idea. Can't wait to see what you decide.

Comment

Very nice, Rita! I like the contemporary look the layout and white background give to your quilt as well as the quilting. I have not started mine yet but think that if I went that route, I would make more use of my quilt (and that is the whole point, I think! :roll: ).

Comment

Love it! - and it's started me thinking about what to do in all the white bits on mine :idea: :idea:
                    .....but I must finish my SOTTT quilt - it's so close, probably another hour or so free motion quilting, then I'll be able to bind it.

Comment

Thanks for posting the great picture, Rita. Gives me an idea of what to do with my other 41 reels! However, I really like the birdhouse idea from Lynn. I copied it to my pics, but I forget her screen name. I just put " Lynn's Birdhouse TQS" Maybe I can make a small birdhouse and a few 'modern' ones! Like a beach hut in the Alps for Lotti!

Comment

After seeing that great new aaqi quilt I'm also rethinking - of course I've been rethinking my reel- quilt just about every other week... And in the end, it'll probably be something simple and easy and quick...

Love Clara's picture, terrie!

Comment

Beautil avatar Terri Your spools quilt is looking great!

Great avatar Rita! Your new AAQI quilt is gorgeous! It's also makimg me rethink about my spools quilt :wink:

Comment

Love your little quilt Rita. I have started the spools pattern and done about a dozen spools but , as with a lot of other people, I might have to rethink the whole spools thing.

Comment

Terrie I think Lynn's screen name is 'spiritsFold'. Thanks everybody for the positive comments about the little quilt. Isn't if funny, I really didn't know what to do with these last two reels and thought I would try this for the heck of it. And now the mind is full of plans again. :roll:

Comment

For some reason I'm not getting notification of updates again. Decided this morning to check in just in case I'd missed something...WOW...you ladies have sure been busy.

Rita -- that little quilt is outstanding and was very glad to see you used one of my reels in it. Haven't begun mine yet--as others have said, life sometimes gets in the way of our best laid plans. As much as I love Edyta's quilt, the strippy idea means mine may get finished instead of languishing in the box with the HSTs. Was hoping to come up with an idea to use both in the same quilt as I love the idea of having all my exchange bits in one place to enjoy all together but so far my brain has a major cramp and won't move on.

However the book/pictures get put together is fine with me--just very glad it's being done. Thoroughly enjoyed this exchange and am anxious to see what the next one will be...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 338 users online. 0 members and 338 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X