[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is quite nail bitingly awsome for a lark - we definitely will not be allowed to say 'my dog ate my homework!'

Should we start a new thread where we don't talk about the 'actual' quilts, called Chinese Whispers, so we can talk about the technical details of co-ordination etc.

I also wonder, would it be allowable for person 'a' to send an email picture of their quilt to person 'b', whilst the quilt is in the post? or not? - that would give a bit more thinking time to person 'b'.

Comment

It's definitely time for a new thread. As for the photo - what do you think Maureen?

Comment

New thread posted under Chinese Whispers. :P :P

Comment

Yay! Thanks so much for sharing, Rosemary. ....and the fabric from the coffee blocks came from the Quilt Show - one of their collections from a few years back.

Cheers,

Kathi

Comment

I'll try again. I thought I posted my quilt-in-progress. Here is the Wot Rott reel quilt - this is how far I got at the recent retreat. I like it and just have to sew the rows and then the borders! I had 41 reels, but by this time, I only found 40. How does a reel disappear?

Comment

Looking good Terrie.

I am hoping to start mine this weekend. Little nervouse about the appliqued borders since I have never done machine applique before.

Comment

Yeah Terrie! Looks good so far.
                Makes me want to start on mine - again (have been working on Sarah Vedelers BOM and am caught up through November).
                HMMM! Could be a good time to start. Will see.
                Don't forget to post pic when all done.
                Lori

Comment

oh. :|

I hadn't even notice that it is machine appliqued. Well, glad I'm taking a course in that at Houston next week!

Comment

Terrie,

I figured I would need to learn how to do machine applique if I ever wanted to finish it. If I did it by hand it would take me 20 years to get it done.

Comment

Terrie it looks great.

Comment

That is looking sooo pretty. I'm glad that there is progress happening somewhere in the world . I think that I will sit down & mark all my 45 degree angles tonight after seeing yours.

Block spotting is much easier on the reels than it was on the hsts :wink: :lol:

I was having a play with our book yesterday - everyone who has an avatar on the forum, I've grabbed a copy of your picture and have put them all up at the back(some of them are a bit lacking in pixels, so I will have to redo those :roll: ). Haven't decided on a running order, could do it alphabetically, or I could use the order I signed you all up in, any preferences?

Comment

Terrie...well done !...Could #41 been the missing Australian reel ? One of my sets had only 40.
                          Rosemary might know. Hope the weather doesn't mess with your Houston plans :evil: :shock:

Rosemary...no preferences...anything will be nice!

Comment

Sorry about that, Marilyn, we did try to make sure that everyone had 41 reels returned to them. And we had spares left over too (some are still lurking in my box so far untouched) if you would like 1 sending to you? It might well have been the Aussie one that didn't want to leave the country, that messed the count up (it certainly did that weekend!)

Comment

No preferences Rosemary - just as long as my photo takes up half a page and everybody elses is a lot smaller. :lol: Only joking.

Comment

Rita, would you like a stage??? :lol:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                                That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 339 users online. 0 members and 339 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X