Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to be part of the international team too, please??? :mrgreen:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Although I haven’t seen the photograph yet I don’t know if I would be allowed to participate, as I am involved in the show as the volunteer coordinator. I would have to find that out, although thinking about it, I don’t see why I wouldn’t be allowed. I will find that out today.

Would it be hard because of the logistics of the distances of participants? How many would be seriously interested in taking part as it has to be no less than 8 and no more that 14? Please read and digest the rules which are on the website http://www.lochlomondquiltshow.com before committing to take part.

I would suggest (if we go ahead) that I would be the coordinator and be the first in case later down the line I inadvertently saw the photograph. Then it could be sent to the USA and sent around everyone there, with me at your back pushing for deadlines, then back to the UK so that it finishes off here. Remember, not only would the persons quilt have to be sent to the next on the list, the quilt they received for inspiration would have to be sent back to me at some point so that in the end I have all the quilts before the deadline to be entered in the exhibition.

I am sure that the UK participants would be willing to pay the £20 between them needed for the registration.

Comment

Maureen et al, If you decide to do it, i want to participate, count me in please

Comment

Could it return to England via Ireland? If so then I would like to participate too. To be clear, does it have to be a representation of the photo or something inspired by the photo? Ooooh, I am getting nervous just thinking about it! :shock:

Maureen, was that your postcard on the website? It's lovely. I really like the idea of doing one of those too.

Comment

I would like to participate as well.

Comment

If I remember correctly, last year's Chinese Whisper had a group that was international--correctly if I'm wrong, Maureen. You had sent me info several months ago when I wrote you asking what the Chinese Whisper challenge was all about. Unfortunately I deleted a bunch of emails by accident in the TQS file and lost yours. I would really love to play! Put me in, coach, please! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                To be clear, does it have to be a representation of the photo or something inspired by the photo?
                I think only the first person gets to see the photo, we have to be inspired by the quilt we receive in the chain and have the freedom to create another.

I'm happy to chip in for registering. Do we get to know who is before us in the chain?

Comment

I would love to join in with the international group! And I'd be happy to help with the registration fee. Maybe the US participants could slip a little something in with quilt that they mail to the UK? I'm guessing we send our inspiration quilt to scottishquilter and the quilt we make to the next person in the chain.

Nancy

Comment

I'm getting more intrigued by the minute !! Count me in if there's still room.

Comment

I have got 10 people interested in taking this Chinese Whispers Challenge already. Funnily enough – 4 in the UK, 1 in Ireland and 5 in the USA. I think that that is enough considering the logistics of posting between UK and America.

They are as follows –

Scottishquilter
                      PosyP
                      Lorna1021
                      Twiglet
                      Reetzbobeetz

Limbaia55
                      Loise98
                      Renata
                      Rehak
                      Idaho

I will email you all privately and get your names and addresses to be put on the forms.

A word of caution, please read the rules and be certain that you will be committed to finish this challenge as once we start, no one can drop out because the challenge would be ruined for everyone else.

All the Chinese Whispers quilts for all the different groups taking part will be exhibited at the Loch Lomond Quilt Show, May 2014 which means that all the quilts from this group need to be in my hands by April at the very latest.

Comment

I just read the rules. I tried to see if I could find previous winners on the site to see what it looked like, but couldn't find any.

I would be interested in participating.

Lorna

Ok. I went back and googled Chinese Whisper Quilts and came up with these links. Pretty cool. And I had never even heard of this before.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/photos/2...16/3294614.htm
                        https://sites.google.com/site/inspir...pers-challenge
                        http://theartquiltassociation.com/ho...e-whispers-ii/

Plus there were more!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                          Could it return to England via Ireland? If so then I would like to participate too. To be clear, does it have to be a representation of the photo or something inspired by the photo? Ooooh, I am getting nervous just thinking about it! :shock:

Maureen, was that your postcard on the website? It's lovely. I really like the idea of doing one of those too.
                          Rita

Of course it can be returned to Scotland via Ireland. The first person gets the photo; she will make a quilt inspired by the photo. She then posts her quilt to the next person on the list who makes a quilt inspired by the quilt she has received. Then the quilt she makes is the sent to the next person and so on. No one but the first person sees the photo and they only see the quilt that is posted to them. I don’t know if I have explained that correctly but I will send you the rules later.

Yes, that is my postcard on the website. You can do as many postcards as you like and send them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Renata
                            If I remember correctly, last year's Chinese Whisper had a group that was international--correctly if I'm wrong, Maureen. You had sent me info several months ago when I wrote you asking what the Chinese Whisper challenge was all about. Unfortunately I deleted a bunch of emails by accident in the TQS file and lost yours. I would really love to play! Put me in, coach, please! :lol:
                            Last years exhibition had only one American quilter in it. She was the sister of one of the group who were all from Scotland. I know that a few groups have registered for Chinese Whispers already, but I don’t know if there are any more international ones, I will have to find that out

Comment

Thanks for the links Lorna they are amazing, interesting to see how they evolve.

Comment

Yes, Lorna, these links make me even happier that I decided to join in. I wonder how soon we will get started.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 410 users online. 0 members and 410 guests.

Most users ever online was 415 at 12:29 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X