[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosemary I LOVE your coffee with friends quilt! I was so thinking about coffee when I logged on today! you are a mind reader aren't you! :OL!
    Lorna, I LOVE your blocks it is really exciting isnt it!

Comment

I wonder if any of you have taken up the Chinese Whispers challenge of the Loch Lomond Quilt Show to be held in 2014? There was so much interest and excitement of the exhibition this year and so many groups wanted to be involved in one that it was decide to put an exhibition on in 2014 of all the groups involved. I think it will be stunning.

Chinese Whispers - a group of between 8 – 14 people say they want to do it. A photograph is sent out to one person who makes a quilt inspired by the photo. She then passes her quilt on to the next person who makes a quilt inspired by that quilt and so on from person to person. Nobody but the first person sees the photo and no one is allowed to discuss any of it with anyone else.

Have a look at http://www.lochlomondquiltshow.com and then look under home for the information on the Chinese Whispers 2014 exhibition.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishquilter
        I wonder if any of you have taken up the Chinese Whispers challenge of the Loch Lomond Quilt Show to be held in 2014? There was so much interest and excitement of the exhibition this year and so many groups wanted to be involved in one that it was decide to put an exhibition on in 2014 of all the groups involved. I think it will be stunning.

Chinese Whispers - a group of between 8 – 14 people say they want to do it. A photograph is sent out to one person who makes a quilt inspired by the photo. She then passes her quilt on to the next person who makes a quilt inspired by that quilt and so on from person to person. Nobody but the first person sees the photo and no one is allowed to discuss any of it with anyone else.

Have a look at http://www.lochlomondquiltshow.com and then look under home for the information on the Chinese Whispers 2014 exhibition.
        Wow, what a fun and fascinating idea :!: 8)

Comment

This would be a great challenge to participate in.

Comment

I think so too Renata but you need to let them know as soon as possible as the entry forms need to arrive by 23 September 2012. I am sure that if you live far away but let them know you are very interested that can be extended.

Comment

I noticed too that they have the postcard idea which IPS did last year. That ended up being a lovely exhibition from all over he world.

Comment

Rita, I think they are going to have a postcard exhibition next year at the show which should be very interesting. That was my first attempt at a postcard - the finished one in the instructions and as they say, it is very addictive. :lol: :lol:

Comment

Fascinating idea!

Comment

Are you thinking we'll enter the whispers, are you up for it Brit TQS's

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Originally posted by twiglet
                      Nothing to stop it being an international team - we just have to make sure that we build in postage time. I would suggest that the last member(s) of the team is in UK though.

Comment

Good we've got a couple of years

Comment

Good we've got a couple of years
                          Not quite - to be finished by April 2014, starting in October 2012, I make that 18 months, which would be 2 months each to design & finish a quilt and get it posted to the next person for a 9 member team.

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                            Nothing to stop it being an international team - we just have to make sure that we build in postage time. I would suggest that the last member(s) of the team is in UK though.
                            I'm glad to hear you say that, Rosemary. I would love to be part of an international team.

Comment

Can an adopted Brit participate?!

Lorna

Comment

I'm game how about it Maureen?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 96 users online. 0 members and 96 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X