[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too. ops: I am going right now to get it. No more excuses.
    Lori

Comment

Yeah!! My two recipes are posted.
      Lori

Comment

Just wondered if anyone is NOT making reels/spools with their little blocks (?) and if not, what are you doing with them? . I was planning on having a narrow rectangle of brown top and bottom so they looked like Guterman reels but I happened to lay out a couple of rows with just the coloured blocks with white rectangles (same size) in between and I quite liked the look of it - although I guess you could say it looked "minimalist" to say the least What other ideas have you girls come up with?

Comment

I have only gotten as far as looking at my reels on the design wall but I started thinking about your post. I sort of like the idea of a strippy quilt. Perhaps put the reels head to toe in rows with solid strips separating the rows. Great quilting area on those strips!

Or what about a Coins quilt. Like a strippy but with solid strips between each reel in the vertical row also.

Oh, the wheels are turning!! LOL

Comment

You mean Reels ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: are turning.

Comment

Robin, I've been playing in Electric quilt for a few weeks. I've come up with an idea to sew on a dark strip to the reel block to make it square, then alternate with a plain square or maybe a block made of 4 quarter square triangles, setting it on a diagonal. It looks a little 3-dimensional.

Some of the other designs I came up with were too busy!! I still might turn them on their sides and make little houses of them.

Kathy

Comment

As mentioned before, I'm really thinking of turning my reels into beach huts... I could then write each 'makers' name on the door... And maybe decorate the roofs... (with something that's reminiscent of the maker - have any of you ever seen some of the christmas market huts decorations?). Possibilities are endless....

Comment

Great suggestions ladies;
                  I am just now getting to my reels and see you all are kicking some great ideas around! I hopefully will take mine out this afternoon and look at my options

Comment

Good morning from San Antonio, TX.
                    I just finished my WOTT reels quilt and I love it! It is on the wall in my sewing room. I used the Edyta Sitar design to finish the edges. Getting blocks from all over the USA and so many different countries was a kick! Can't wait for another block exchange. Thank you all for participating and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

WOW - That is SOOOOOOOOOO stinkin' COOL! FANTASTIC!

Comment

Beautiful!!! Congratulations on making a fantastic quilt. Enjoy it! I'm enjoying looking at yours.

Comment

Thanks for sharing you beautiful quilt. I really like it, and can't wait to get to my reels. Gives us hope, that if someone can finish it, then we all can. ( We just need to begin!) I have two sets, so may do something wonky with the second set, but will make Edyta's pattern for one.

Comment

Fatastic quilt. I love it!!! Is helping get me motivated to get to work on mine. I may just have to forget about the 7 quilts sitting there waiting for bindings.

Comment

That quilt is gorgeous well done

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

loveit!!

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 312 users online. 0 members and 312 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X