[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PosyP
    Bren , delighted to hear that you are safe & well, your newly finished quilt is wonderful, and pleased to see a little bit of green in your photo.

Thanks kiddo, That picture really does look green doesnt it... probably because I took it really early in the morning before the sun was out crisping everything up! LOL!

So have you descided on a design, people like you, amaze me.... I just cant seem to design my own anything... LOL!

Cant wait to see what you come up with!

I havent been on for a long time so let me know if you posted any photos. I dont want to miss out!
    Have a great Day!

Comment

Bren, so happy to hear the fire is under control and even more about the rain. Doing the happy dance for you :lol: enjoy your quilting time. After so many stressfully days you deserve time to relax and have fun. :wink:
      Your quilt is beautiful!

Rita, love your reel blocks, make me want to start working on mine :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Comment

Thanks Limbania. 32 done lots more to go. :roll:

Bren, I feel the same way when I finish a quilt. It's probably a bit like pregnancy and birth and then the baby blues. For me it's always a wrench to actually hand the quilt over to it's intended recipient and worrying about whether they will take care of it properly. Gosh, what am i like? :roll: You are very lucky to have Eleanor Burns sister Patricia coming to your guild. I think she is a very talented lady. Her colour sense and designs in quilting are always lovely. Enjoy the meeting and will you do a blog about it? And get out into that rain and happy dance again - it might bring more!

Comment

Wow Rita you work fast! "I want to be like you when I grow up" - this is a translation of a Mexican saying, hope it makes sense ops: . I was looking at the photo of your reels again and seems the gold on the top righ might be one of the ones I made.

Comment

Limbania, the translation worked perfectly and we say the same here. It made me laugh! :lol: Yes you are right it is one of yours, and beautiful it is too! I am really enjoying making these spools/reels even though I have not decided on the finished design yet. I have two sets of reels so 82 in all. Enough to make a kingsize quilt I think. The appliqued vine will not work to scale as well with that size so I will have to re-think that idea. I was going to do something like Rosemary's idea but I don't want to cut anybody's reels down now that I have them.

I have also been trying to think of a way of keeping a record of everybody's reels so that they can be identified if ever anybody is interested in the future. (That is if the tea-dyed fabric doesn't erode the whole thing to dust first. :roll: ) I have kept everybody's name-tags pinned to the back of their spools for now. Obviously they will have to come off when it is being quilted. All I can think of is to write the name of each maker on the back of the quilt to correspond with their spool on the front. Has anybody thought about this and what they might do. Or is that OTT? :|

Comment

Thanks Susan. I loved making it! I always get a little sad when it is done tho, I'm not sure why that is.... Any ideas?

Have a great day!

Bren, I think it means your heart, soul and spirit were into making that quilt and finishing it is like a "little death" because its over. I also believe the reason you are only "a little sad" is that you trust the creative process and know it will be reborn in something new. Life is wonderful that way! Yay! Rain!

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                I have also been trying to think of a way of keeping a record of everybody's reels so that they can be identified if ever anybody is interested in the future. (That is if the tea-dyed fabric doesn't erode the whole thing to dust first. :roll: ) I have kept everybody's name-tags pinned to the back of their spools for now. Obviously they will have to come off when it is being quilted. All I can think of is to write the name of each maker on the back of the quilt to correspond with their spool on the front. Has anybody thought about this and what they might do. Or is that OTT? :|
                One of the things that is in the 'Reels & Recipts' book is a scan/picture of everyone's reels with their name, country & reel name (if it has one) next to it, so that way it will be possible to cross reference all of the reels 8)

I know that I mentioned putting peoples avatars in as well, but it would be a right nusiance to put their avatar next to their reel, after all the problems I had with getting the reels in the right order :roll: . Currently I am thinking of having them as a section of their own at the back or maybe as individual pages scattered through the book. For the reels & recipes we are looking at interspersing them with each other, rather than having them all reels together, and then all recipes together, and trying to have the relevant recipes next to or near their reel.

Comment

Rita - You could also quilt each person's name on their spool. That would be a subtle (or not so subtle if you used thick,constrasting thread) way to keep that as part of the quilt. And you would always remember who made each spool right as you are admiring them.

Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by rehak
                    Rita - You could also quilt each person's name on their spool. That would be a subtle (or not so subtle if you used thick,constrasting thread) way to keep that as part of the quilt. And you would always remember who made each spool right as you are admiring them.

Nancy
                    I was thinking about using my embroidery machine to put the names on the wooden reels/spools but before putting the quilt sandwich together. I like your idea better, Nancy: less labor intensive and just as pretty. Your way obviates the need to set each name up in the software and the stabilizer required to do embroidery. I'm going to use your approach. Thank you for the great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by rehak

Nancy
                      I like this idea Nancy, I might swipe it.
                      Bren

Comment

Great idea Nancy - I just might do that! Thanks.

Comment

Bren, what great blessings that fires are under control & you're getting rain!
                          Your quilt is fab & will be so admired at the fair.
                          Nancy, love your idea of quilting in the names. Once when we made a raffle quilt, all our names were quilted in. Makes it extra special.

Comment

Okay, I admit I'm being lazy, and not looking through XX number of pages, but if it is not too late, who do I send a recipe(s) to?

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
                              Okay, I admit I'm being lazy, and not looking through XX number of pages, but if it is not too late, who do I send a recipe(s) to?
                              Hey, Terrie,
                              No prob...just email to me or post to recipe topic & I'll snag it.
                              thanks,

Comment

Thanks, Terrie, for asking--I needed to be reminded... ops: :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 46 users online. 0 members and 46 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X