[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margo I don't know how you magicked that picture there but thanks for the reminder of what a great design it is Lynn.

I have just arrived in Co Kerry where the mist is very low and the humidity is very high. But they say a change is as good as a rest. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
      Margo I don't know how you magicked that picture there but thanks for the reminder of what a great design it is Lynn.

I have just arrived in Co Kerry where the mist is very low and the humidity is very high. But they say a change is as good as a rest. :roll:
      No magic to it, Rita! I just found Lynn's picture (on page 63) by doing a SEARCH (I used the search box at the top of the forum page.)

When I located Lynn's photo, I just "right clicked" on the photo and selected "save image as" and named it and put it in a place on my computer where I could find it later.
      Then it was just a matter of "uploading" the saved photo into my text box.

Instructions for putting a photo in a forum text box can be found here: http://forum/forum-questions-and-sug...-the-tqs-forum

Hope that helps if you want to try it!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thanks Margo. No 'right click' on a Mac but I did save the whole page to my desktop so that I can find it later if I need to.

Comment

Thanks Margo. No 'right click' on a Mac but I did save the whole page to my desktop so that I can find it later if I need to.
          Rita, I just bottom clicked on my track pad and I got a window similar to the one Margo has showing up on her PC and I found a "save image as" on the menu. I have a MacBook Pro and I am running Mac OS X version 10.7.4. Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks, Lynn, for all the info. It really helps. Thanks for taking the time during your busyness to get back to us. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by loise98
              I have a MacBook Pro and I am running Mac OS X version 10.7.4. Hope that helps.
              Lois, this sounds just too geeky for me. I'd only be able to say " I have a computer, and I know how to email people and get on the TQS forum. No digits, no versions, no Pro!

ops:

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
                Originally posted by loise98
                I have a MacBook Pro and I am running Mac OS X version 10.7.4. Hope that helps.
                Lois, this sounds just too geeky for me. I'd only be able to say " I have a computer, and I know how to email people and get on the TQS forum. No digits, no versions, no Pro!

Boy, oh boy have I got you fooled! I just know enough to know that Rita has to be running the same operating system on her Mac for the features to be the same. The only reason I know how to find my operating system no. etc. etc. etc. is because I have to give to technical assistance every time I need help with something. Let me tell you that is fairly often.

Comment

Lois you know more than me because i don't know what a 'track pad' is???? I know that I have a MacBook OS X version 10.6.8 - but that's all. I usually just go to file on the scroll bar at the top of the page and click on 'file' and then 'save as'. Is that what you mean?

Comment

Lois you know more than me because i don't know what a 'track pad' is???? I know that I have a MacBook OS X version 10.6.8 - but that's all. I usually just go to file on the scroll bar at the top of the page and click on 'file' and then 'save as'. Is that what you mean?
                    I don't think I do know more than you. I we just both call the trackpad by different terms. It's the pad on which you control the cursor unless you have hooked up a mouse to your laptop. I sent you an email about this.

Comment

Elderberry Port? Your wish is my command! :wink:

Interesting discussion here:

http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...pe-formulation

And a recipe (complete with instructions & lots of photos)

2lb elderberrys
                      1lb Oranges
                      7 pints water
                      1/4 oz wine yeast
                      3lb sugar

here:
                      http://www.selfsufficientish.com/for...19&t=26058

Comment

Thanks for that Roseanne. I have never made alcohol before (except for Sloe Gin) but with the photos it looks quite manageable. I might just give this a try when the elderberries are ripe.

Comment

Hummmm....me, too. Will see how the fall goes and they ripen ! :?:

Comment

Thanks for finding that Roseanne.

I seem to remember my friend mentioning using banana :shock: in hers, but that might have been a different brew - hic!

Comment

Did you ever have the banana liqueur they make in the Canary Islands? We bought it once because of the shape of the bottle and it turned out to be quite nice. Especially on fruit salad.

Comment

Haven't heard of that one, another brew my friends did was using pineapple, which came out rather well.

A different friend who became known as 'The Hooch Master General, for brewing above and beyond the call of sanity' once made a gallon of chilli mead with 4 oz of red chilli pepper in it :shock: It was said that you always knew where the bottle was, as it made it's way around the campfire - it was just to the right of someone gasping for breath :wink:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 289 users online. 0 members and 289 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X