[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

To say I am excited is an understatement. I just received email notification from UPS that a package from Lorna Westfall is on its way!!! Woo Hoo!!!
    Pictures to follow after I do the happy dance. LOL

Sharon

Comment

I haven't received my reels from England yet but I did get an email from Rosemary that they were posted! I did get the little AAQI quilt that I ordered and it is now hanging on my sewing room wall. I love it.

Comment

This is what my reels look like. My DH, kids and I spent time after breakfast yesterday morning looking at all of them to see where they came from and then sorting them into colour groups. Quite an animated discussion about whether some were blues or greens etc. They are all beautiful and now that I have them on my design wall (small as it is) I am keen to get going on the project.

Rosemary sent me some extra reels to make into mini quilts for AAQI so I made one up yesterday. I used up some scraps of fused fabric for the leaves and birds and chain-stitched the branches. I will wait until I have a few done before registering them and then I can send them together. This one used a spare reel from 'velvetag'.

It's very wet and windy here today - perfect for quilting!

Comment

Aren't they lovely, Rita! It's amazing to see the cacophony of color on your design wall and to think what a beautiful quilt it's going to turn into... Have you decided on a design yet? How great to make the organization of these little beauties by color a family affair! I am so happy to have participated in this exchange! Your AAQI quilt is precious--it inspires me to set a little time aside and make another AAQI quilt that I haven't done since my first one...

Comment

I haven't decided on a pattern yet Renata. It's not that I am indecisive, I just can't make up my mind. I think that I will make another AAQI one today and this time I will make a spool one and see how that feels. I am not sure I have enough background fabric for the whole quilt either. Maybe when I go to Galway at the end of this week there might be a fabric stall where I can get something that will work. 8)

Comment

I still cannot make up my mind about a pattern, Rita. However, this weekend I've been going to our local Quilters Unlimited annual show and while there, on a whim, I decided on 3 plus yards of background fabric from SewBatik (but still don't have a pattern :? ). The colors I bought were in a quilt on their wall juxtaposed with several bright and dark colors and I could imagine some pretty quilting in the light spaces. The color is called Spray Olivine and this is what it looks like:

It was so beautiful that I figured, even if I can't use it with the reels, I would find a quilt to work it in with. Today is day three of the QU Quilt Show and it is only 15 minutes from my house. In addition to the guild member displays, there's a boatload of VENDORS! So you all know where I'm headed off to... again!

Comment

Rita, Your little bird house is so pretty.

Renata, I love the fabrice you bought........Doreen

Comment

Thanks Doreen! Renata, be careful at QU today. Remember it will be gone tomorrow so spend, spend, spend :mrgreen:

Comment

Renata, The fabric is lovely. And Rita, the birdhouse is so special. Nice work! Lois

Comment

Rita, your reels look so lovely all together on the design wall. I am so happy to tell you that I see mine on your wall too!! (Third row down from top, third in on the right - turquoise reel). I know that your quilt will be wonderful with all these beauties in it!

I love your little birdhouse AAQI quilt! I have a bunch of left over reels, and you have inspired me to make an AAQI quilt with them!

Renata, your batik background fabric is so pretty! On my computer it looks like sky, and I think it would look great with your reels. Can't wait to see all the quilts about to be made!

Comment

Renata, your fabric looks like one that I would choose, lovely, you have great taste! :wink:

Rita, a smile immediately bloomed on my face when I saw your birdhouse! I love how you handled the branches and leaves! I might have to borrow that idea on parts of my birdhouse quilt, if that's okay?

All the show and tell here is building the anticipation and excitement, my package will hopefully arrive soon!

Have fun everyone!

Comment

Thanks Lynn. I think it was you who first suggested the idea of a birdhouse instead of a spool? That idea stayed in my head and I thought I would give it a try. I would be delighted to inspire anybody. It has been so lovely to have the spools and match them to faces on this thread. Michelle I immediately thought of the cocktail when I saw yours - was it Aqua Velva or something like that?

Comment

Thank you to all of my quilting sisters!

I just received my package Saturday and I love every single block. I was very exciting to check the forum and see the beautiful little wall quilt Rita had made with one of my blocks! It really made my day. Thank you to everyone for this fun exchange.

Happy quilting,
                            Barb from Colorado

Comment

I loved all the show & tell so far. Now my visitors are gone I have put mine up on my design wall. I have only a small one (even smaller than Rita's) so I had to put each group separately.

Comment

Maureen and Rita--thanks for sharing pictures of your reels. Mine came in the mail on Friday and I have enjoyed looking at each one. I do want to make a spool quilt with them but haven't decided exactly what that will look like yet. Rita--your AAQI quilt is wonderful.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 314 users online. 0 members and 314 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X