[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going backward a bit...I just got a chance to listen to Rita's beautiful music. Listened to the link and then several others. Thanks for posting so we could enjoy Rita's lovely Irish voice!

Comment

Originally posted by golfjane
      Just so my DH and anyone else who happens by understands, I put up a magnetic sign on the refrigerator that says, "I understand the concept and cleaning and cooking, just now how it applies to me." Kinda of a joke in our house since, like all of you, I do the cleaning and cooking
      Jane, Sorry to hear that you do the cleaning and cooking, (unless of coarse you love that kind of thing LOL)
      I make everyone help, I tell them I am doing it for their own good. I say, " what if I'm not here and you didn’t wash any clothes, you would have to go naked to work in the morning!" LOL, anyway, guys hate it but they are really good about helping out (once in a while)… I am not over bearing about it, I just expect them to help me with things once in a while, because they expect me to help them with things... I think we are pretty well rounded... Besides what if something did happen to me, then what???

When you said you put up a sign I had to laugh because our DD gave her Grandma (his side) a sign for her kitchen, It said “I don’t repeat gossip, so listen good the first time”
      She wasn’t even offended! Go figure! Only a grand daughter could have gotten away with that!

Comment

Originally posted by yirsa
        Going backward a bit...I just got a chance to listen to Rita's beautiful music. Listened to the link and then several others. Thanks for posting so we could enjoy Rita's lovely Irish voice!
        I agree Rita it is very beautiful music, beautiful voice and beautiful lady all wrapped up in one package. Plus a bonus she's a quilter! Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Millboroquilter

When you said you put up a sign I had to laugh because our DD gave her Grandma (his side) a sign for her kitchen, It said “I don’t repeat gossip, so listen good the first time”
          She wasn’t even offended! Go figure! Only a grand daughter could have gotten away with that![/color]
          I like this, it reminds me of catch-phrase from 'Allo-allo' from the BBC of 'Listen very carefully, I will say this only once!' usually said in a french accent.

My mother has a picture of "Dull women have immaculate houses" - I'm pretty certain that I don't classify as 'dull' going by the state of my house :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by yirsa
            I agree Rita it is very beautiful music, beautiful voice and beautiful lady all wrapped up in one package. Plus a bonus she's a quilter! Yeah!

Dittos----Thanks for sharing!! I was looking for this link last night. Rita's voice is soooo fabulous. Hope to purchase her music somehow.

Comment

Thanks folks you are very kind. If you are set up to download music the the best place is iTunes or http://www.taramusic.com - just so you know.

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP

She wasn’t even offended! Go figure! Only a grand daughter could have gotten away with that![/color]
                I like this, it reminds me of catch-phrase from 'Allo-allo' from the BBC of 'Listen very carefully, I will say this only once!' usually said in a french accent.

My mother has a picture of "Dull women have immaculate houses" - I'm pretty certain that I don't classify as 'dull' going by the state of my house :wink:
                Dear Rosemary,

I have to say your mother was correct, my house is so-o-o clean & I am so boring! But we did just have our home on the " Back Roads of Bluffton" Tour of homes to raise money for our Historic Society so I am kinda proud of that :lol:
                And now that it is so clean I find myself obsessing about keeping it that way! The only cure I know is to get quilting again Right after I finish my new bedroom drapes!

Comment

Originally posted by golfjane
                  "I understand the concept of cleaning and cooking, just not how it applies to me." Kinda of a joke in our house
                  It was way too early in the morning when I posted. Was catching up this afternoon and reread what I'd written and thought no one would understand the joke. Anyway, fixed it so the joke makes some sense.

Our 3 kids are grown with families of their own so its just DH and me but he was an only child and never learned to cook or clean--and since I'm a terrible enabler, I just took care of it all. BUT, did make the kids learn to cook, clean, and do laundry so they're great cooks, fine launderers, and the 2 boys don't know the meaning of clean anymore.

Thanks, Rita, for the link. Am going now to listen some more.

Comment

[/quote] I like this, it reminds me of catch-phrase from 'Allo-allo' from the BBC of 'Listen very carefully, I will say this only once!' usually said in a french accent.

My mother has a picture of "Dull women have immaculate houses" - I'm pretty certain that I don't classify as 'dull' going by the state of my house :wink: [/quote][/quote]

I remember that show ...........actually I think it's still on one of our cable channels

The sign in my kitchen reads "a messy kitchen is a happy kitchen.....this one is hysterical"

Comment

Or how about this one which I have on a mug "I try to watch what I eat, but I'm just not fast enough"!

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

I used to have a plaque that read:
                          "Welcome! Come in, sit down, relax, converse. My house doesn't always look like this. Sometimes it's even worse!"
                          I don't know what happened to the plaque, but I am sure it is buried in this house somewhere. So many better things to do than clean! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by lorra
                            I used to have a plaque that read:
                            "Welcome! Come in, sit down, relax, converse. My house doesn't always look like this. Sometimes it's even worse!"
                            I don't know what happened to the plaque, but I am sure it is buried in this house somewhere. So many better things to do than clean! :lol: :lol: :lol:
                            :lol: :lol: :lol: I so agree!

Comment

Oh yes :P :P :P

Comment

just found this tee, had a giggle, then just had to share http://www.blockpartystudios.com/sho...Fc4LtAod1S-L2w

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 124 users online. 0 members and 124 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X