[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Cow Rita! I would have died if one ran up my leg! Seriously? You are my hero... So brave!
    I'd rather take my chances with a tree cow!

Comment

OMG!! A mouse up your leg. That is literally the greatest fear I have about those critters. It makes me shiver just thinking about it. I probably would have been standing on a chair, hoping my dogs would think it was a new toy (since they usually end up pulling the stuffings out of their toys).
      Not sure what a tree cow is tho.
      Lori

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
        Doreen, you are too kind! I don't think it's beautiful but it was nice to try it.

I have just spent the past 15 minutes chasing a mouse around my kitchen floor. Ginger, the cat, keeps bringing them in to play with them before she dispatches them to mouse heaven! So I put the cat out of the way and then proceeded to chase the mouse from corner to corner - it's times like this I wish I was a minimalist :roll: - I used a mop to scoot it about. At one point it ran up my leg as far as my knee before I shook it off :shock: but eventually I got it to run out the door and bolt for freedom. :mrgreen: Oh the excitement :!:
        Poor little guy didn't like the rainy weather. I am laughing. That's one way we quilters can get some exercise. Lois

Comment

Here's a YouTube link for video instructions that makes this look a bit easier than I thought. Haven't tried it yet, but am on the way to my quilt cabin now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...3KOOs&NR=1

Comment

Rita, I really like your color choices; the dark background and the batiks are lovely! Our cats like to bring parts of mice to our doorstep but fortunately they are no longer alive by the time I see them. Crawling up my leg would creep me out, too! :shock: once a mouse ran across my bare foot while I stood in the kitchen but, fortunately, it was gone under a cabinet by the time I realized what it was! :shock:

Comment

It's never a dull moment on this thread. LOL Rita with a mouse up her leg and chasing it around her house. That would have been fun to watch. One time I was cooking and opened the pot holder drawer and reached inside. There was a mouse on the top and I touched it. OMG did I wet my pants that time!!! Now I look every time I open that drawer. This is certainly keeping up entertained until our reels show up. LOL

Sharon

Comment

Oh!Rita--- I needed a good smile and a laugh on this rain-y Monday morn !! Years back, I had a mini-Schaunzer who
                brought "gifts" in the house ! She was a great hunter ! Birds, mice, garter snake...not always quite dead !
                Gets the blood pumpin' :lol: ... mousey moves so fast ! Thanks for the cheer-up ! :lol:

Comment

Jane thanks for the link. I have just been sitting here watching youtube tutorials on cathedral windows - like I am ever going to do that again :roll: But it passes the time on a rainy day when I should be doing a million other things. ops:

Glad to entertain with my mousy story. I actually think they are really cute - but not so cute that I want to live with them! :lol:

Love the new profile photo Lynn!

Comment

I had a chipmunk that my kitty brought in once. It had taken up residence in the heat register. Was stock piling cat food in there that it stole at night. Took a some road blocks, a broom and some persistence but I got it out the door and back to where it belonged. Got to love our cats and their gifts. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                      Jane thanks for the link. I have just been sitting here watching youtube tutorials on cathedral windows - like I am ever going to do that again :roll: But it passes the time on a rainy day when I should be doing a million other things. ops:

Glad to entertain with my mousy story. I actually think they are really cute - but not so cute that I want to live with them! :lol:
                      Well what a small world! Here I've been also watching those cathedral window tutorials on youtube and it's raining too. My husband could never understand why I enjoyed many cute little mouse decorative "things" around the house but freaked out when an actual mouse would get in the house. Big difference!
                      Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Yeah, really, the you tube videos are great. Thanks for sharing Jane.
                        My method is different, not sure which way to make them is the fastest but this one looks good...

Lori a tree cow is a cow your working with that you had better make sure there is a tree close by you just in case you need to use it! LOL!
                        Cows cant climb trees ya know! And if I can't get up the tree, I can run around it faster that they can!!! Ha!
                        Have you ever watched a bull rider at a rodeo the clowns have a big heavy rubber barrel they jump inside if they need to... Same principle..
                        Our tree cows usually go on a trip to the sale barn... They are just not worth broken bones and ribs and such.
                        We have a neighbor who’s dad is in the hospital right now in a coma because of a tree cow...
                        They're just not worth it... but I'd take one of those before I'd take a mouse up my leg... Oh that just makes me shiver shake.

Comment

"Hickory Dickory Dock,
                          two mice ran up the clock,
                          the clock struck one!
                          ....and the other escaped with minor injuries!"
                          :lol:

We usually get mice trying to move in nearly every autumn. Nice old fashioned wire sprung mouse traps usually solve the problem for us. :wink:

Comment

Rita and Sugarmuffin57: you just reminded me of what happened last year... good thing I was at the beginning of my quilting journey and did not have a huge stash of fabric... My cat, Luigi, used to bring gifts to the front door, neatly dressed in gift position, very dead, minus the bow... but he stopped doing it as he got older (or perhaps had an unfortunate encounter... don't know). However, one day, I went into my walk-in closet where I store quilt fabrics and could smell cat food. As I pulled a five-yard piece off the shelf, indeed a little dribble of cat food clattered to the floor. As I pulled more fabric off, I suddenly saw, to my total shock, an entire wall of cat food built up behind the shelf behind the fabric stash. A chipmunk was entering the house at night through the hole the TV cable entered the house through. The filling in the hole had been eaten through... he was taking cat food and storing it on the second floor. I do recall, during that time frame, Luigi growling during the night but never thought much of it... After emptying out the closet, washing loads and loads of fabric and patching up the hole with steel wool and then plumber's putty, we were never visited again, to our knowledge...

While I was visiting my mom for her birthday recently, she taught me how to do cathedral windows, both the hand-stitched and the machine-stitched versions. They are much easier to make than I would have guessed. Lynne Edwards has written a very good book on Cathedral Window Quilts and its variations for anyone who is interested. Below is a pillow my mom made for me several years ago.

Lucky me, while I was there, Mom also taught me how to create a "sloper," the basic foundation pattern for my size from which I can create through dart manipulation and other techniques, a variety of clothing designs. This seemed easier to me than trying to alter a commercial pattern, which she also taught me how to do. I've never made a garment myself, but spent many hours in my mom's atelier as a child, hand basting along her chalk mark lines after school rather than being babysat by the nuns in the nearby monastery. It never ceased to amaze me that she could take a client's measurements, and with a measuring tape, put a few chalk marks on a piece of cloth neatly placed on a table and then just cut!!! It is these memories and my desire to learn now that spur me on. However, will there be enough time in the day to do it all?
                            Cheers, Renata

Comment

Oh Renata I love the story of being with your Mom while she worked! How great to have a sloper made just for you. She sounds like a wealth of knowledge!
                              Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by kfstitcher
                                Oh Renata I love the story of being with your Mom while she worked! How great to have a sloper made just for you. She sounds like a wealth of knowledge!
                                She really is, Karen, and I wish I had paid a little more attention when I was younger... ops: I'm just lucky that she is still willing and able to teach me.
                                Renata

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 356 users online. 0 members and 356 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X