[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rita, your new picture is very nice! Also, I heartily agree with you about warm temps! I think 21 c is roughly 70 f and that is too warm for me although all those around me think it is just getting warm enough at that point. Hope all goes very well with your eye surgery, no more glasses will be something to celebrate!

Comment

Thanks Lois.

Doreen, inter-ocular lenses are a permanent lens replacement. You can have them done for short-sightedness, or reading, or both - which is what I am having done. Unlike laser surgery it should not have to be done again in my lifetime and although it is expensive now it will eliminate the need for glasses, lenses and visits to the optician. Apparently not everybody is suitable for this procedure but fortunately I am. I am so delighted that I can have this done as I hate wearing my glasses. Usually when I am performing I wear contact lenses but they always seem to swim about in my eyes so I don't like them very much. Sadly, for my concert next saturday I will have to do my impression of Nana Mouskouri as I have to not wear contact lenses for a week before the first phase of the procedure. :roll: A small price to pay I know.

Comment

Rita, That's really something. Good luck with the surgery. What concerts do you do?...Doreen

Comment

Originally posted by DElizabeth
          Rita, That's really something. Good luck with the surgery. What concerts do you do?...Doreen
          Doreen, Rita's voice is BEAUTIFUL!! I hate that the audio is no longer available, but here is some info she posted on an older Member Blog.
          community/my-profile/Reetzbobeetz

OH! Here it is!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miIECtoNQ4M

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Oh My! That was beautiful.

Thank you Margo for the link.

Comment

Rita...you're voice is beautiful!.....Doreen

Margo...Thanks for the links...

Comment

Rita, That was amazing!! So much talent. thank you for sharing that.

Lorna

Comment

Margo, Thanks for the link. I don't know how I missed that earlier. I know I saw some of the pictures from the inaguaration. Rita, Thanks for the music. Hope you get to sing with Ricky when he comes to Ireland. Wouldn't that be fun?! Lois

Comment

Wow! Rita I loved listening to you sing! You have a wonderful voice and I spent a good part of an hour watching You Tube videos of you singing. It's so nice to share in our TQS sister's lives...

I was introduced to Irish Music last year when my teen daughter found out about Celtic Thunder. I am a huge fan of that band and would love to see them in person someday. I bet it would be fun for you to sing with them!!

Comment

Rita that was wonderful Thank you Margo what a treat. Joan

Comment

Thanks for that link, Margo. I love to hear Rita sing.
                        And Rita you get even more beautiful every time you change that profile picture.
                        I wish you all the best with your surgery. Are you going to get it on both eyes at the same time?
                        Hugs from Norma

living in Central Denmark
                        Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Oh my, I am embarrassed all over again ops: Thanks everybody. Norma, I am having the eyes done two weeks apart - which is weird as they will have to take out the lens in my glasses for the undone eye :shock: Just as well I have no gigs at that time. I think they do it that way just in case there is a terrible mistake so that I would only be left blind in one eye :roll:

Comment

Rita, Good luck with the pending surgery. We need to put you on the prayer list. Lois

Comment

Rita, Love your New pic.
                              Good luck with yournupcomingnconcert, Hope you manage to learn those new songs In Good Time

Also wish you well for the eye surgery. Everyone i know who has done this is sooooooo happy with the results. They've come a long way!!!

No more :shock: !

But lots of. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Comment

Rita, what a lovely voice! You are a woman of many talents!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 313 users online. 0 members and 313 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X