[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So lousy that Toni's original package was lost...and then for her to be sick
    It's fine by me to wait for her second set to make it's way over.
    Have really enjoyed all the posts about ranch/farm life!
    Sending hugs to you all,

Comment

ah yes, WOMBAT, a new acronym. I did purge a few before moving here. I figured I got what I wanted out of them or just didn't care for it. I donated them to a person who works with ladies in South America. So my WOMBATs became someone else's projects...hopefully.

Lorna

Comment

Good morning...Just finished reading 10 days of posts...I've been working on my stippers quilt to get it finished for the May 1 deadline. The top is now done and a little bigger than I planned. It's 57 x 57 and will hang in my kitchen.

I always wanted to live on a farm or ranch so I enjoyed reading all the posts. You ladies work so hard!!! My father was in the Canadian Air Force so we traveled a fair bit. As a child I enjoyed it but always felt that I couldn't put down roots. My DH and I have been married 39 years and have only moved twice. We wanted our children to be able to have their feet planted. We are so blessed since we see our married children and their families several times a week. When they say 'home' it's our place they refer to. I've been working on my DIL's to have special dinners in their homes but even they want to come 'home' for those.

Rosemary, I can wait for Tina's reel to arrive.
        Tina, take care of yourself and get well.

Hugs to everyone.....Doreen

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
          I have had quite a few WOMBATs in my time. Not sure but I might have lived with the odd one too! :lol: Thanks for the new acronym Robyn. How's the weather in South Australia?
          Thats a good one Rita, Made me laugh.... I'm off to the first branding of the year and then I am off to a really cool adventure with DMom, DSister and DSon and grand kiders... plus ddaughter in law... yahoo! Wish me Blessings.... Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by DElizabeth
            Good morning...Just finished reading 10 days of posts...I've been working on my stippers quilt to get it finished for the May 1 deadline. The top is now done and a little bigger than I planned. It's 57 x 57 and will hang in my kitchen.

Rosemary, I can wait for Tina's reel to arrive.
            Tina, take care of yourself and get well.

Hugs to everyone.....Doreen
            Roots and wings...great things to give your children! I also have deep roots--I grew up in the same house my dad grew up in from age 7! My parents still live there. It will always be "home".

Comment

Dear Sisters;

No place like “Home Sweet Home” & I feel like I have a quilt home here with ya’ll too! Love all your posts :lol: Blessings to all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                I have had quite a few WOMBATs in my time. Not sure but I might have lived with the odd one too! :lol: Thanks for the new acronym Robyn. How's the weather in South Australia?

well it's been, as they say, unseasonably warm here - we are halfway through autumn but still getting 30C each day (I think that's about 86 Farenheit). I really think that 30C in April seems hotter than 30C in January (the middle of our summer) - maybe it's the humidity. Not too hot to quilt though! Might go out to the sewing room today - see if I can find any more WOMBATS!

Comment

Debbie...How wonderful to have a family home for all those years!!! Your family is really blessed....Doreen

Comment

Oh good mornin' the branding went off without a hitch... will post photos in a few days... Hugs all!

Comment

Debbie I was born in the house my parents still live in as was my older sister who is now 54! I am 11months younger than her - Irish Twins they call it :lol:

Robyn, I don't know how you can take that kind of heat - anything over 21C and I am melting! We get a lot of humidity with our heat here too and I do think that makes it worse. This morning we had the most horrendous downpour of hailstones! And in between these showers the sun is splitting the stones. The poor budding plants don't know what to do with themselves. The newly emerged leaves on the potatoes DH planted are all scorched! Hope that doesn't affect the crop! :?

Comment

Rita,
                        Thought we had a new member in our forum til I saw the signature. Then I realized I know her. Nice picture. Also like the wallhanging in the background.
                        Lori

Comment

Nice picture, Rita. Close ups are better, I think, at getting a good idea of what our girlfriends look like in person. Hope the potatoes are ok, the weather has been very strange this Spring, all over the world it seems.

Comment

Thanks Lori, thanks Jane. This is a temporary photo taken yesterday so it's a bit more up to date than the previous one. I say temporary because next month I am having Inter-ocular lenses put in so that I don't have to wear glasses any more either for distance or reading! Oh joy!

Comment

Rita...That's exciting! What are inter-ocular lenses?...Doreen

Comment

Rita, I like the new photo. Lois

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 275 users online. 0 members and 275 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X