[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just put Rita's Irish Tea Brack in the oven. Now for the wait til it's done. Tasted yummy before I put it in the oven, so I am sure it will after it is baked.
    Those Rhubarb Custard bars also sound delicious. Recipe is already printed and will have to try some soon.

Off to the sewing room.

Happy St. Patricks Day to all. Will be attempting beef and cabbage for supper.

Lori

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
      Originally posted by Millboroquilter
      Originally posted by sugarmuffin57
      I love the booties. I want to make some. Where did you find the pattern?
      atually I made the pattern from an old pair that my hubby wore as a child. but I can try to scan my hand drawn pattern and email it but it will be a few days I need to get out and catch up on tagging and pairing the calves. remind me ok!
      another Idea - could you do a write up with the pattern and put them in the projects section?
      I'm not really a writer. oh man it would looks so primitive compared to what is in the project sections. Those people must be professionals... I'm afraid it would look like cave man stuff, you know what they scratched on the cave walls... and I would be ashamed to post my scratches and hand writing in there ops: ... I probably should just email or snail mail my scratches to who ever wanted to know how "I" do them!.... Also a freind told me she thinks someone made a "real" pattern that you can buy on the market so I will google it and see what I find... That might be better. My hand drawn pattern is kind of wiggelee! I just lay stuff on paper and draw around it so it isnt very pretty and Hubbies baby boots are a little raggy too... Lets c they must be at least 50 some years old and thats if they werent hand me downs... I'll get back to you if I find a pattern on the internet and you let me know if you want my scratches ok?

Comment

Am really enjoying all your recipes, comments, etc.
        Rather than paste a link here for a baby cowboy booty pattern, you will find lots to
        choose from if you just type pattern sew baby cowboy booties in the google search box.
        Found lots of cute stuff!

Comment

Well I made Rosemary's 'Barm Brack' and I can say that it is the same as a 'Tea Brack'. The only thing I did different was I added 1 teaspoon of mixed spice because I like it. Here is a photo of the brack straight out of the oven at 8.30 this evening:

And this is how it looks two hours later:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Comment

mmmh, yummmmm - i want a slice - please :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Comment

Wow, pass the butter please?

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                Well I made Rosemary's 'Barm Brack' and I can say that it is the same as a 'Tea Brack'. The only thing I did different was I added 1 teaspoon of mixed spice because I like it. Here is a photo of the brack straight out of the oven at 8.30 this evening:

And this is how it looks two hours later:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
                Looks so good, I wish we could get those really cool parchment paper liners... That would be better than on the roll like we have...It looks like a giant cup cake holder! LOL

Comment

Just couldn't resist trying out Rita's recipe ! With changes to match what was in my pantry, of course !
                  I mixed up spice mixture that Bren suggested..very good ! I had dried peaches and used them with golden raisons
                  and a little pinch of cranberrys. And, Rita..I use whole wheat pastry flour all the time...the brack turned out just
                  great. I will certainly try it again with a different combo of fruit. I honored the Irish roots in my family tree today with
                  a great meal of braised beef and vegs, cabbage and potatoes followed with a wee toast from the jug for desert ! And
                  I thank TQS for for providing this place where I meet the most amazing folks !! I wish you all could come for tea !
                  Looking forward to rhubarb time ...have my own in the garden...too early! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Comment

Rita, thanks for the idea for the rhubarb fool. We made it for Friday night's book club and it was a big hit with everyone. Now on to try some of teh other yummy recipes that have popped up on this forum since then.

We went sightseeing in London yesterday, but today I plan on getting some sewing done in honor of Quilting Day.

Lorna

Comment

Oh... and Happy Mother's Day to all of our UK mums. Being a US mom in the UK, I am just going to celebrate it twice this year! My DH gave me two lovely blue hydrangeas.

Lorna

Comment

Marilyn your tea brack looks delicious. Is your wholewheat pastry flour 100% wholewheat or is it a mixture? It looks great. I will have to try that too. DH was waxing lyrical about the tea brack again this morning as he cut himself another couple of slices. This brack is not going to last long! It's Mothering Sunday here in Ireland too. I get to sit and watch all the TQS shows I want today - that's my present from the family.

Comment

Happy Mothering Day to all of you in the UK, Ireland and any other place that celebrates today! We celebrate in May.

Comment

To answer your question Rita, I use 100% WW flour from a company called Bob's Red Mill. It's located in the Portland, Oregon area
                            and features high quality grains and other products . See at http://www.bobsredmill.com The difference is the flour is very finely ground and is made from SOFT white wheat whereas all purpose and bread flour is made mostly from white or red HARD wheat. Big difference in
                            protein and gluten. Many other companies produce similar products. I'm glad to say we are seeing more in the market here now...
                            as good ol' white is not so healthy. Love to make bread but not many cakes and cookies these days ! Happy Mothering Day !
                            Snowing here again today...but not "sticking" at our elevation ! Thank God ! I'm ready for spring !

Comment

Happy Mothering Day to all our friends not in the USA!! Have a happy quilting day!! Nancy

Comment

I just watched a show with Laura Nownes (710) and there is a spools quilt at about 40mins in.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 89 users online. 0 members and 89 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X