[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugarmuffin57
    I love the booties. I want to make some. Where did you find the pattern?
    atually I made the pattern from an old pair that my hubby wore as a child. but I can try to scan my hand drawn pattern and email it but it will be a few days I need to get out and catch up on tagging and pairing the calves. remind me ok!

Comment

AWESOME Tea Brack, Earl Grey was good! Cran Raisins were great! Will share 2nd loaf with 2 neighbor ladies one is blind the other is just old and sweet!
      So I really enjoyed this recipe and The clean up was great....
      Thanks Rita!

Comment

I am so pleased it worked Bren, I was a little worried. Your afternoon tea set up looks very inviting - blue willow pattern and all. Hope the ladies like the brack.

Rosemary, I am going to try your recipe tomorrow to see if it is the same as mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Millboroquilter
          Originally posted by sugarmuffin57
          I love the booties. I want to make some. Where did you find the pattern?
          atually I made the pattern from an old pair that my hubby wore as a child. but I can try to scan my hand drawn pattern and email it but it will be a few days I need to get out and catch up on tagging and pairing the calves. remind me ok!
          another Idea - could you do a write up with the pattern and put them in the projects section?

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
            I am so pleased it worked Bren, I was a little worried. Your afternoon tea set up looks very inviting - blue willow pattern and all. Hope the ladies like the brack.

Rosemary, I am going to try your recipe tomorrow to see if it is the same as mine.
            I love how the teapot stand tones in with the teapot & willow pattern

Good luck with the recipe, I tend to be very chuck it & duck with it :wink: and so far it has always worked.

I think that I will have to go and soak some fruit myself, after all this talk :lol:

Comment

I only hope that when I'm considered 'old', I'am also cnsidered 'sweet' and my neighbours bring me yummy stuff. What a nice neighbourly gesture :wink: I also love the Blue Willow.

Now, off the computer and going to make some spool/reel tops and blocks, as I have finally chosen my background. Apparently this is 'Quilting Weekend', so I'm going to comply!

Comment

Bren -- here is the Rhubard recipe and it is my favourite of all the rhubarb things I have made--

Rhubarb Custard Bars

2 cups flour
                1/4 cup sugar
                1 cup cold butter or margarine

Combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes.

FILLING

2 cups sugar
                7 tablespoons flour
                1 cup whipping cream
                3 beaten eggs
                5 cups finely chopped rhubarb

Combine sugar and flour. Whisk in cream and eggs. Add rhubarb. Pour over the baked crust. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes or until custard is set.

TOPPING

2 packages (3 ounce) cream cheese softened
                1/2 cup sugar
                1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
                1 cup whipping cream, whipped

Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over top of cooled bars. Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy.

Comment

Looks interesting Debbie, I will have to give that a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Comment

oh, Debbie - I try to avoid whipping cream, but just may break that so-called rule to make this recipe. I have a recipe for a Rhubarb sponge custard - yummy and light!

Comment

Originally posted by djane
                      Bren -- here is the Rhubard recipe and it is my favourite of all the rhubarb things I have made--

Rhubarb Custard Bars

2 cups flour
                      1/4 cup sugar
                      1 cup cold butter or margarine

Combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes.

FILLING

2 cups sugar
                      7 tablespoons flour
                      1 cup whipping cream
                      3 beaten eggs
                      5 cups finely chopped rhubarb

Combine sugar and flour. Whisk in cream and eggs. Add rhubarb. Pour over the baked crust. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes or until custard is set.

TOPPING

2 packages (3 ounce) cream cheese softened
                      1/2 cup sugar
                      1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
                      1 cup whipping cream, whipped

Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over top of cooled bars. Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy.

Thank you Debbie I think I will make a few pans of this for the spring round up and branding meal. It sounds easy and yummy!

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
                        oh, Debbie - I try to avoid whipping cream, but just may break that so-called rule to make this recipe. I have a recipe for a Rhubarb sponge custard - yummy and light!
                        Crocuss in Canada, Do you mean light as in low calorie or light and fluffy? I'm interested in this one too! Can you make it for large groups or do you have to cook it in individual custer cups? I feed 50 to 80 people on branding day, so that is why I ask.
                        Bren in SD

Comment

I'ts not heavy on the fat. I'm going to bed now,but will look for the recipe tomorrow.
                          'nite

Comment

okay I have just cut and pasted this recipe as it sounds great and thank.

Bren you make me think of when we lived in the Northern Territory of Australia

Taree NSW - Australia
                            My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
                              I avoid whipping cream too - I just head straight for the double (heavy) cream and have at! :lol: :lol:

Taree NSW - Australia
                              My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

I'm LOL about Posy's "HEAVY CREAM", your too funny!

Does anyone know if there is a way to call in an order?

I c their DVDs are all under 20 bucks instead of 50 bucks and I wanted to order the whole set but I do not put credit info on line?

Also are there any Kansas City quilters in this group?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 369 users online. 0 members and 369 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X