[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning in to the cooking channel here! Skimmed through the recipies. Like Sharon, I have a kitchen because it came with the house. I do NOT like rhubarb, nor do I like gooseberries! But, my DH LOVES rhubarb so I make him a rhubarb pie every Father's Day (no strawberries added, per request) and don't eat a bite of it!

But as I metioned before, I DO make a killer stoopwafel! The recipe I have is supposed to be a friend's family's cherished, 'secret' recipe, but I have found recipies on-line that are VERY similar to this one! So, since I am sworn to secrecy, you'll just have to take my word for it, these are GOOD! :lol:

Dawn
    In beutiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Originally posted by Scoopie
      Tuning in to the cooking channel here!

Dawn
      In beutiful Northwest Montana
      :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Thanks for the information Rosemary. I am sure we just had the common variety, but would like to find the champagne variety and try it raw.
        Like trying new things, but that black pudding is totally out of the question.
        Lori

Comment

Should we ask TQS for a separate Forum topic in the Board Index for Recipes? There are too many great recipes being shared! :P I'm starting to copy them into Microsoft OneNote (allows me to create a Notebook) so that I can refer to them again and again. Right now, Rita's Irish Tea Brack is in the oven! Soaked the raisins and sultanas last night in strong English Breakfast Tea. Had to put it in one tin instead of two (will have to go out and purchase a second one), but will let it cook a little longer and hope that works. Thanks, Rita!!!

Comment

Dawn -- there were times I was thinking I was the only one on the planet who didn't like rhubarb. LOL You made my day. Now if you girls want a yummy zucchini bread recipe, I'm the girl for you. Going to the sewing room now.

Comment

Who would not want a yummy zucchini bread recipe? Please do share when you get a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by sewengel
                Now if you girls want a yummy zucchini bread recipe, I'm the girl for you. Going to the sewing room now.

Yes please!

Comment

You girls are spoiled rotten, so here goes.
                  Zucchini Bread
                  3 eggs
                  2 cups sugar
                  1 C. vegetable oil
                  1 tsp. vanilla
                  8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
                  1 tsp. baking soda
                  1 tsp baking powder
                  1 tsp. cinnamon, but I put in more cause I love cinnamon
                  1 tsp. salt.
                  1/2 tsp nutmet
                  2 cups shredded zucchini

Oven at 350 two 9 x 5" loaf pans or 7 of the little ones (don't know the size)

Here at altitude I bake it about 45 minutes, but you can watch it. Also you can add nuts -- it also freezes very well.

Dang that made me hungry, guess I will make some this afternoon. LOL

Hugs, Sharon

Comment

I remember eating rhubarb raw when I was a child. It grew in the wild where we lived in Idaho. I'm sure my mother made rhubarb pies but I don't remember eating them. Back then I wouldn't eat much of anything cooked but did like almost everything raw.

Comment

As promised yesterday, I soaked raisins and sultanas last night. Today I made Rita's Irish Tea Brack and I love it (so does DH ). I think it turned out a little more moist than intended only because I did not have two small tins to divide the mixture into and so I baked it a little longer but might get a different result if there were two tins and the bracks were smaller. But, absolutely delicious! Thank you for the recipe, Rita. Can't promise when, but I will try Rosemary's recipe with yeast too (a lot on my plate--tea brack?--to do another recipe at this moment). Since I was so intent on getting away from the sewing machine and into the kitchen, I started feeling guilty... so this morning at the crack of dawn I finished Month 1 of Sedona Star and will post it shortly on Show and Tell. In the meantime, here is Rita's Irish Tea Brack in photos:

Comment

Oh my gosh, Renata. Your tea brack ( I think I got that right) looks great!! I copied the recipes and plan to try them, too. After all, one can't live by quilting alone - sometimes you've got to have a treat!!! When my husband and I were on our honeymoon in Maine over 13 years ago, we had a wonderful bread in our bread basket one evening at a fine restaurant that was made with Earl Grey tea and it had such a pleasant flavor. I don't remember if it had any fruit in it, but maybe a few golden raisins. I love this sharing of foods. Nancy

Comment

Nancy, I am so glad Rita shared her recipe because it was so easy to make and is delicious! The directions were perfect and if you follow them to the letter, you will be very happy with the results. When the raisins were ready the next morning, the first thing I did was turn on the oven. Then I prepared the tins with parchment paper. By the time the ingredients were sifted and incorporated, the oven had reached the temperature required to put the tin in the oven. Voila', done! This recipe is for sure a 'keeper!' Renata

Comment

Originally posted by sewengel
                            You girls are spoiled rotten, so here goes.
                            Zucchini Bread
                            3 eggs
                            2 cups sugar
                            1 C. vegetable oil
                            1 tsp. vanilla
                            8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
                            1 tsp. baking soda
                            1 tsp baking powder
                            1 tsp. cinnamon, but I put in more cause I love cinnamon
                            1 tsp. salt.
                            1/2 tsp nutmet
                            2 cups shredded zucchini

Oven at 350 two 9 x 5" loaf pans or 7 of the little ones (don't know the size)

Here at altitude I bake it about 45 minutes, but you can watch it. Also you can add nuts -- it also freezes very well.

Dang that made me hungry, guess I will make some this afternoon. LOL

Hugs, Sharon

Awesome I am going to try this one too!
                            And back to rhubard was I the only child who snuck the sugar bowl out to the rhubarb patch to dunk a stalk of rhubarb in it and chew a big ol bite? Those were teh days. Good old summer days as a child. Our rhubarb is sweet and bright red. delicious.

Bren in SD

Comment

Originally posted by ajclapp
                              I remember eating rhubarb raw when I was a child. It grew in the wild where we lived in Idaho. I'm sure my mother made rhubarb pies but I don't remember eating them. Back then I wouldn't eat much of anything cooked but did like almost everything raw.
                              Me too, My brothers and I snuck the sugar bowl out to the patch and dunked a stock in the sugar and chewed away! So sweet and so good!

Comment

Originally posted by Renata
                                As promised yesterday, I soaked raisins and sultanas last night. Today I made Rita's Irish Tea Brack and I love it (so does DH ). I think it turned out a little more moist than intended only because I did not have two small tins to divide the mixture into and so I baked it a little longer but might get a different result if there were two tins and the bracks were smaller. But, absolutely delicious! Thank you for the recipe, Rita. Can't promise when, but I will try Rosemary's recipe with yeast too (a lot on my plate--tea brack?--to do another recipe at this moment). Since I was so intent on getting away from the sewing machine and into the kitchen, I started feeling guilty... so this morning at the crack of dawn I finished Month 1 of Sedona Star and will post it shortly on Show and Tell. In the meantime, here is Rita's Irish Tea Brack in photos:

Renata, this looks so very good...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 115 users online. 0 members and 115 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X