[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
    Cath they look like blackcurrants to me. Yum!

As for the 'bumroll' Rosemary, you look like you are all ready for some rumpy-pumpy! What do you get up to in that get up?
    The English Civil War Society re-enactment (1642-49), we used to travel around the country at weekends beat up the roundheads & then get 'relaxed as newts!'

I'm being very respectable here. Some ahem 'ladies' would go down the beer tent of an evening without the kerchief covering their cleavages and carrying a bunch of grapes or a punnet of strawberries :wink: :roll: :lol:

Comment

"I'm being very respectable here. Some ahem 'ladies' would go down the beer tent of an evening without the kerchief covering their cleavages and carrying a bunch of grapes or a punnet of strawberries".

Ripe for the picking, so to speak? :lol:

Comment

Definitely, and there is photographic evidence against some of the Roundhead officers somewhere :wink: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
          Definitely, and there is photographic evidence against some of the Roundhead officers somewhere :wink: :lol:
          :lol: :lol:

I have spent the last while trying to come up with an alternative pattern for the spools quilt. It's really hard to though because the spools are not square and most of the patterns you see on the web are for square spools. Here are some of my doodles. I would love it if anybody had some ideas to share?

Edita's spools are the most elegant, I think, and it's the extra length and shorter top and bottom that creates that. As well as the space in between each spool. I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Comment

One more doodle as it wouldn't let me attach it to the previous post.

Comment

One more doodle as it wouldn't let me attach it to the previous post.
              Rita,
              sorry I won't be able to offer anything right now... my holiday guest from Thailand who is preparing for the GREs has felt sufficiently welcome during the Christmas holiday break that she's been at the subway station waiting for me to pick her up and bring her home every Friday afternoon for the weekend. So we are doing a lot of homework together and I just sneak into the Forum every once in a while to see what I'm missing. But, I did want to let you know that I absolutely adore your last doodle and might even ask your permission to use it in my quilt. I would just have to add a little black cat (my Luigi) somewhere in the vicinity of the bird house... :lol: If I can find my way to doodle something, I will certainly share, though. Again, thanks!
              Renata

Comment

Renata, and anybody else you are welcome to use any of my ideas. What are GREs?

Comment

Renata, and anybody else you are welcome to use any of my ideas. What are GREs?
                  Sorry... GRE is the Graduate Record Examination, required to get into most graduate schools here in the United States. It's purpose is to measure verbal and quantitative reasoning, as well as analytical writing and critical thinking skills. Not an easy examination but it did look a lot easier to me when I was younger... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Rita, I like the look of your first & last ideas, and the bird houses & birds are fun too.

Here is an idea - how about putting them in 'attic windows' sashing & pretend it is your thread box?

Comment

I like the first and last best too. Roseary's ideas for the attic window and thread box are really good ones. Its really making me think about whaat I will actally do with my spools. HMMMM.
                      Lori

Comment

Not sure if my post got in here, but I put my "citrus salad" in the mail on Thursday. Looking forward to the return.

Comment

Dear Rosemary;

I am jealous of your outfit! I especially love your hat & coat :lol: :lol: . I take it this would be a spring dress ?

Fellow Wot Rott

Comment

Rosemary - Has someone stepped up to the plate and taken the spot you were offering?

Also, do you have the majority of reels yet, or are there still many on their way? (hint for numbers...?)

Comment

Rosemay, the attic windows idea was actually my first thought for an alternative setting for the blocks. That's probably what I'll do. I would do 6 x 7, which would hold 41 reels and then have an empty spot just waiting for my next purchase!

I hope they take a while to come back to me, since I have so many projects to be finished! When they arrive I will want to drop everything and play with them. It's okay if they take their time.

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by quiltedlab
                                I need to thank Rosemary for starting the wait list and it was my good fortune a space opened up. I'm so excited to be included in this fun project. I've been trying to catch up. I've made 10 so far and have all the strips starched and pressed. I hope to have my "Cherry Pies" in the mail to Lorna by the first part of next week. I noticed on the USPS website, they have custom forms you can fill out online. I'm enjoying all the blogging and especially seeing the variety of colors and fabrics. What an entertaining, talented group!!!!!! Sandra
                                Love the red Sandra!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 276 users online. 0 members and 276 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X