'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

(((((Margo)))))

Comment

Margo I feel for you. I too lost a husband a few years ago. Life is like a roller coaster, one minute you are going up and the next you are heading back down. Eventually the highs and lows level out. It takes time, but life does go on. My love and prayers are with you and your family.
      Maree Tasmania

Comment

Margo my thoughts and prayers are with you. My deepest sympathy.

Comment

My reels went to the post office yesterday. They are on their way across the pond to Lorna. This has been such great fun. I can't wait to see the reels I get back. Thanks to Lorna and Rosemary for getting this swap organized.

Comment

Rectangular maple doughnuts?
            Must be an Alberta thing...I thought Long Johns are men's long underwear. Well, I guess some things don't cross the great divide!

As long as we all know what a stash is, we'll be quilting just fine! Non-quilters can raise their eyebrows when we talk about our 'stash'!

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
              Must be an Alberta thing...I thought Long Johns are men's long underwear. Well, I guess some things don't cross the great divide!

As long as we all know what a stash is, we'll be quilting just fine! Non-quilters can raise their eyebrows when we talk about our 'stash'!
              And our 'fat quarters' - not that I have any of those!

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz

And our 'fat quarters' - not that I have any of those!
                Yet!! :lol:

Comment

Aw, come on Rosemary, you must have some fat quarters by now. ' fess up, you must have some fat quarters. I sent you some across the pond, and you told me that you got my honey and salad, so you musta got a wee bit of fat quarters by now. And, you know what, even thouugh I sent them over there, I still have some here, and I bet if I sent you all my fat quarters, they'd still be getting in. Gosh, they multiply faster than rabbits!How to get rid of them? Eat the salad, and forget about all the desserts coming your way. (maybe just Lotti's fruit thing.)

How I wish all fat quarters could just simply be sent across the pond! :lol: It was a wonderful idea - just send Rosemary all our fat quarters, then pitch in to help her make a huge quilt to cover them up! :wink:

Comment

Aw, come on Rosemary, you must have some fat quarters by now. ' fess up, you must have some fat quarters. I sent you some across the pond, and you told me that you got my honey and salad, so you musta got a wee bit of fat quarters by now. And, you know what, even thouugh I sent them over there, I still have some here, and I bet if I sent you all my fat quarters, they'd still be getting in. Gosh, they multiply faster than rabbits!How to get rid of them? Eat the salad, and forget about all the desserts coming your way. (maybe just Lotti's fruit thing.)

How I wish all fat quarters could just simply be sent across the pond! :lol: It was a wonderful idea - just send Rosemary all our fat quarters, then pitch in to help her make a huge quilt to cover them up! :wink:
                    That IS a wonderful idea, Crocus!

Comment

Not an Alberta thing! We have either called the rectangular doughnut a long john or a maple bar. Californa or Missouri, doesn't matter, That is what we called the yummy doughnut. Now, if you add an S, like long johns, then we are usually talking about what my grandpa wore under his clothing. If you Google long john it will say it is either long underwear or a bar shaped doughnut.

Dawn
                      In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Well, I learn something new everyday. However, on the TQS forum, I thought it would have to do with quilting - not grampa eating long john donuts in his long johnS

Comment

Yep - I've got fat quarters, but I keep them under control under a 'pair of bodies' (corset)
                          It's the bum roll that keeps escaping :lol: :lol:

Comment

Latest News From Headquarters

Due to ill health (not mine) I have a spare slot for 41 reels if anybody who isn't signed up would like to take it over, or someone with only one slot would like a second one.

Please contact me ASAP, thanks

Comment

Finally time to post a photo of the purple macaroons! Enjoy all... you don't know how many of my friends requested I opt out of the exchange and just use these for a table runner for them. LOL! One person even posted the request 3 times on facebook. Shhhhh don't tell her, but I kept the 1.5" tails that I cut off each strip for the edging on her birthday present..

Hope you all enjoy them, although I may be another "they are not perfect, but they are sent with the best of friendship to you all"...

Comment

Cath they look like blackcurrants to me. Yum!

As for the 'bumroll' Rosemary, you look like you are all ready for some rumpy-pumpy! What do you get up to in that get up?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 246 users online. 0 members and 246 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X