[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just returned from the post office. My pumpkin pie and blueberry pie reels are on there way to Lorna. The guys at the post office did not think I needed to fill out the customs form since it was going to a military base but I insisted and did it anyway. They finally said "oh well it won't hurt". I just would not back down.

Now on to finishing my HST quilt. Wonder if I can convince the kids that they need to do the cleaning, laundry and cooking so I can just sew when I get home from work tonight. However since they are only 11, 9 and 6 we would be eating a lot of cereal and macaroni and cheese.

Comment

Nearly there! Half of my crystallised rose petals are ready for their labels

Now I can start sorting 8)

Comment

Hmmm. Yum! Looks a bit like cotton candy, but rose petals sounds more elegant!

Comment

Now on to finishing my HST quilt. Wonder if I can convince the kids that they need to do the cleaning, laundry and cooking so I can just sew when I get home from work tonight. However since they are only 11, 9 and 6 we would be eating a lot of cereal and macaroni and cheese.[/quote]

Sounds like a serious quilter's diet to me - just add chocolate from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by crocus999
            Now on to finishing my HST quilt. Wonder if I can convince the kids that they need to do the cleaning, laundry and cooking so I can just sew when I get home from work tonight. However since they are only 11, 9 and 6 we would be eating a lot of cereal and macaroni and cheese.
            Sounds like a serious quilter's diet to me - just add chocolate from time to time [/quote]

Or maybe I could stop and pick up a pizza on the way home. Hopefully the homework will also be done by the time I get there. To bad they are old enough to tell time or I could tell them it was time to go to bed earlier than usual.

Comment

Love those pinks Rosemary... I like the fact that your sets are not in identical order... I was wondering if that needed to be the case but i guess if they are going to be split up at the sorting stage it really wouldn't matter....

Comment

When in my 'zone', sometimes I forget to eat. Then, when I'm done, I realize I'm hungry and eat anything while still standing...that's what happens when the kids grow up and you have grandchildren. :shock:

Comment

I LOVE everyone's colors! Can't wait to see them all together! I've been playing around with ideas on EQ6. I'm fairly successful with pieced sections but I'm failing miserably :cry: trying to incorporate the appliqué portions of my plan so it's hard to post a visual. ops: However, my "reels" will be birdhouses instead of spools. Rather than the spool ends, ill make the birdhouses by adding a triangle roof and a small appliqué round door. The center will be vaguely like Edyta's quilt featuring houses and trees, but with the smaller birdhouses instead. I'll do my own version of slightly more complex trees but using a similar style. The borders will include more birdhouses in addition to vines with leaves and flowers. There will also be simple birds throughout the quilt.

Is anyone else making something other than reels? :?:

Comment

I love the birdhouse idea! I hadn't even thought about using these for something other than reels. You are very creative!

Comment

Birdhouses!! Way cool!! Can't wait to see them!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

With all the foodie titles I had been thinking that jam jars could be fun.

Comment

Good grief... wish I was that creative...hadn't given anything a thought other than the Rosemary's original idea. Glad I'm in this company so my mind gets expanded some.

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                            With all the foodie titles I had been thinking that jam jars could be fun.
                            Ooooo, Rosemary, jam jars sounds great! Maybe in a setting like a pantry with labels with the name of the person who made the block? I was thinking of having like a little sign at each house with the person's name, kinda like they live there?

Comment

Wow! Bird houses, jam jars, and......... This could be a whole lot of fun! Keep sharing those creative ideas! I don't have a set plan for mine yet. But, I DO like the spool quilt!

Dawn
                              In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Originally posted by golfjane
                                Good grief... wish I was that creative...hadn't given anything a thought other than the Rosemary's original idea. Glad I'm in this company so my mind gets expanded some.

Mind expanding....mind altering??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 368 users online. 0 members and 368 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X