[vb_main_1]

Completed HST projects

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completed HST projects

Well, it's not quilted yet, but there is no more assembly required! It will go on the Handi-Quilter frame tomorrow after I get the backing and batting ready.

Except for getting four similar colors for each pinwheel in the border, I paid no attention at all to which HSTs went where. I was just careful about the orientation of dark/light values. If I were to do a more controlled layout, I could have made the red and green squares more dominant by choosing the colors that were next to them to give the illusion of flying geese and a bold stripe in the opposite direction. However, I like the random way it all fell into place. I was determined to work only from my stash, and the background squares and the wide border fabric were chosen because it was the only neutral that I already had with enough yardage! And....it is actually the OTHER SIDE of a fabric with a white design on a khaki base. It works for me!

Yes! I see the missing red square!! I'll decide tomorrow if I want to replace it.

I've named my project "It's a Small World" and after I've quilted it, I'll share more photos and the label!

So glad to hear that our International sisters and brothers are finally getting their treasures, and I hope to see some more completed projects soon!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Margo your quilt is beautiful. I love the name--very appropriate.

Comment

Margo, that is beautiful!!!!

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

What a great design Margo...I just love it :lol: and can't wait to see more completed projects from everyone!

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Wow!
          Looks fabulous...you go girl!

Comment

Margo, You are a miracle worker! Your top is amazing. Replace the red square or not. It can be an artists' interpretation that perfection is only in one place--Imagination. Can't wait to see the quilting.

Comment

Well said Lissette!! It's a WOW, WOW, WOW.
              Magic Margo's Threads

Terry
              Dillon, Montana

Comment

Originally posted by liiddz
                Margo, You are a miracle worker! Your top is amazing. Replace the red square or not. It can be an artists' interpretation that perfection is only in one place--Imagination. Can't wait to see the quilting.

Thanks Lissette! Actually, I think that perfect can be really boring! Did I ever mention that I don't "do perfect"???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful Margo. I hope to get back to my HST's this week - I've been fnishing up other projects so I'll be free to play :lol:

Comment

Wow Margo! I am ALWAYS impressed by your work. That quilt is really beautiful. I'll be interested in seeing how you quilt it. Cheers, BJ

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

fantastic margo - just love it

Comment

Absolutely beautiful -I just love it too and the name is great ! it sure is a small world.

Comment

Beautiful quilt Margo! I especially like your choice of the brown and khaki. It adds a softer punch than
                          a brighter color would do.

How do you hang your quilt for the photographs? Do you just have it on your design wall -- or is there
                          a better way to do it? :?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJudy
                            Beautiful quilt Margo! I especially like your choice of the brown and khaki. It adds a softer punch than
                            a brighter color would do.

How do you hang your quilt for the photographs? Do you just have it on your design wall -- or is there
                            a better way to do it? :?
                            Thanks Judy. I work in a basement with no windows, and use one whole end of the room as a design wall, with foam insulation board covered with flannel. I have to move my long-arm and a chair and some smaller things to get photos of large quilts, and the color isn't spot on because of the lighting, but it's close enough for me.

Comment

Wow, Margo! It is beautiful! I finally started playing with my HST's on Friday and again yesterday and it was so much fun seeing where they all came from. I spent the day thinking of all my TQS friends :-)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 48 users online. 0 members and 48 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X