[vb_main_1]

Hello............................??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello............................??

I'm probably more guilty than most, but have the forums gone the way of the dodo? I'm here because I thought I'd find loads of people and topics. Where is everyone? How about all of us that didn't get to Houston this year; can we get some discussion going? :cheer:

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Hi there. I think there is much less activity than there used to be on the forum. But it seems to come and go. I would love to see the forum become really active again among multiple topics. What are you working on now?

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

I've got a few projects that I'm working on. 3 are applique, and 1 is from a class I took in August with Mark Lipinski. I'm going on a mini retreat this weekend with a couple of friends; I hope to get at least the pieced project near completion.

How about you? What have you been up to?

I wonder how the forums can get active again?

Comment

Hi Eileen! Long time no see! Ever since TQS changed their format, Forum activity has dwindled. We have a Virtual Retreat forum where we share anything and everything, but it is super slow now, too. There are about 18 of us doing a row exchange, so there is activity there every month, as we receive rows from others or share reasons why we are so behind in the exchange. And sadly, TQS does not have a booth at Festival this year, so there are no Meet and Greets. Alex is hanging out in the RNK/Floriani booth promoting her new line of Quilter's Select, so I'm sure TQS groupies have found her by now. I did not go to Festival this year. But, I did buy two of Alex's large mats, and love them!

Right now I am finishing up two Outreach quilts, catching up on my rows, and then it is on to the 2017 Hoffman Challenge.

Dawn

Comment

Hi Dawn,
          If TQS doesn't have a booth at Festival, where are they displaying the 2017 BOM quilt? I hope to be able to go to Festival again someday, but you know how life is. However, I'll never say never!
          I'll head over to the Virtual Retreat and say hello over there-are a lot of the "old timers" over there? How do I find it?

Comment

Actually, TQS debuted the BOM a couple of days ago on their daily blog. I'm not sure they even took it to Houston. I'll find out if/when my roomies from last year get a chance to catch me up on things.

Yeah, I'll go back again.....someday, I hope. It was just getting really hard on me. I need more solitude. I'm saving my pennies for a year when I can afford a room all by myself, connected to the convention center, and maybe even the concierge level. I had gone for 16 straight years.

Yeah, a lot of the "old timers" are on the Virtual Retreat. It was started by Luann, who I don't think you have met. At the risk of forgetting dear friends, here are some off the top of my head who check in from time to time...Rosemary, Rita, Lotti, Geneva, Marilyn, Barb, Sharon, Terrie, ....and so on. Margo is MIA, has a boyfriend, and is just enjoying life. She looked great when I saw her last year.

Well, I need to get cleaned up, fix dinner and head to guild.

Dawn

Comment

I did not see the BOM anywhere in Houston. Saw Ricky once in passing and Alex a couple of times at the Floriani booth. I really missed the meet and greet, I know there were a lot of people there that I did not get to see. We picked a table at random at lunch and Carolyn Teter.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X