[vb_main_1]

Participate in mass shootings protest quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Participate in mass shootings protest quilt

I'm normally a solitary quilter, but I have started a new project and thought it might be one that others would like to participate in. After the shootings in Orlando, the design for this quilt, which I am calling "No More Names," lodged in my brain and would not leave. I am creating an 8" block representing a state flag, each with the name of a victim of a mass shooting that claimed the lives of more than 10 people, in the U.S. during the last 20 years (since Columbine). That's about 185 people. The piecing is all very simple (nothing but rectangles and squares). If you feel moved to participate in this project, I welcome you. Please email me (to julie@julieneu.com) the following information:

- Your name and mailing address (I will send you a kit with instructions and fabric.)
    - If you have any preferences on state (Options are: CO, NY, TX, CT, CA, FL, and the District of Columbia)
    - How many blocks you would like to make (One is completely appropriate and welcome, but I'll send more if you'd like.)

Sincerely,
    Julie Neu

I realized that I should also mention my plans for this "protest." My plans aren't well-formed, but I was thinking that I would send the quilt to my U.S. Senator, who is Elizabeth Warren.

I also wanted to mention that I don't mean to take a position on the 2nd Amendment through this, but rather want to protest the occurrence of these mass shootings.

Thanks,
    Julie

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25 users online. 0 members and 25 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X