[vb_main_1]

Has anyone tried the Sench side threading needles

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried the Sench side threading needles

I was wondering if the Sench needles sold by TQS actually work as advertised. I have not had much success with the top threading type needles.
    They tend to shred the thread and the thread pull out of the top too easily. I had seen the Spiral Eye needles designed by the
    same lady. They cost about $5 a piece. The Sench made in China are about $8 for a dozen. Do they stay threaded?
    Do they hold up to hand stitching? Any comments would be appreciated. I was thinking about buying them for myself and
    some of my quilting friends. HelenW

I haven't used the Sench needles, but I have used the spiral eye needles. I just used them for burying threads while quilting. The needles do thread very easily. I swore by them for a while, but stopped using them because the opening in the side of the needle for the thread would sometimes catch on the quilt fabric as I was pulling the needle through and it was a real pain to get it uncaught. I now use embroidery needles for burying my threads while quilting. They are a little harder to thread, but not too much because of the larger eye and I never have problems with them hurting the quilt in any way.

Comment

I got a few of those some years ago. The side slit is hard to see but I use them whenever I bury threads in a quilt. The easy thread needles that work from the top of the needle often cut the thread so I was motivated to try out the Sench needles. What I do is put the needle partway through where I want it to go through, and then pop the threads into the slide slit.

Kathy

Comment

I like the side sench needles much better than the top self threading needles for pulling threads to the back when machine appliqueing.
        Top threading needles are bad to split the thread. Side sench is easy to thread, pull through and triple knot the thread on back. Neither type needle would work great for hand sewing.

Comment

For any hand work I use a general sewing needle..no thought to size/style. I normally hand quilt so only really pay attention to using specific 'hand quilting' thread for that purpose. Otherwise, as long as it holds two pieces of fabric together...I'm good!
          Cheers, onplanners

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 53 users online. 0 members and 53 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X