Dear Jane CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Jane CD

Hi all,
    I have been reading about the Dear Jane quilt, and have seen many versions. I was wondering if anyone has used the Dear Jane CD, and also changed the size of the blocks.

Many people have had challenges with the small blocks, and I thought I would use the cd to enlarge them to 6" finished. I know it would make the quilt larger, but I'm playing around with the idea to use some blocks in one color scheme, (red and white) and then another quilt in another colorway, perhaps neutrals.

Thanks!

Kathy

I use the EQ Dear Jane disc all the time to change the block sizes when I ran the guild blotto I used that feacher to increase the size of the blocks to 8 inches ... We made many of the blocks for our quilt block raffles. Many of them made really cute quilts.

I personally think the EQ products are worth the money spent on them.

Comment

Thank you!! I have placed my order this afternoon with EQ for the Dear Jane cd. I can't wait to play with the cd and see what I come up with.

Kathy

Comment

I see you already ordered but will put in my .02 as well. :wink:

I love having the DJ CD!! It is wonderful!! I'm doing as many blocks on mine with paper piecing and that part is fabulous!

It is easy to change the size of the blocks. Making your blocks 6" is a smart idea. I wish I would have done that even tho I like tiny work. It would make the quilt fit a bigger bed better. Now that I'll probably let dh use it on our bed but it wouldn't fit a queen size very well anyway.

I also print out the journal pages and use that as well as scanning in my blocks to see how my quilt is coming together. (very slowly, that's how! )

Joyce
        Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
        working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
        Tired. 
        Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
        Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

Good morning,

You know, I too have been thinking about paper piecing the blocks as well. I have been wanting to get better at paper piecing, and I thought this might just be the project to use this technique.

Thank you for your two cents! Ideas are always appreciated

Kathy
          Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
          Tired. 
          Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
          Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

I am paper piecing as many as I can. I love to pp and with this quilt learned how to pp with freezer paper. The iron-on part of FP really helped with those tiny pieces.

I cut off a piece a bit more than 11" long and iron that big piece to preshrink it. Then I trim it to 2 pieces that are 8 1/2" x 11" to fit in my printer. It is great!

One of these days I'll be able to get back to it. I am working in order and I think I'm part way through row D and have about 8 or 10 triangles done.

(You have to input the size for the triangles... one thing I forget often! )

J~
            Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
            Tired. 

Comment

Ok Ladies - I just bought the software online because of your endorsement. I bought fabric for this two years ago and have started and stopped more times than I can count. It's the drafting that drove me crazy! I want to finish it and I think the software will be my ticket. Thanks

. . .stand by.

Comment

Originally posted by jojojo
                Ok Ladies - I just bought the software online because of your endorsement. I bought fabric for this two years ago and have started and stopped more times than I can count. It's the drafting that drove me crazy! I want to finish it and I think the software will be my ticket. Thanks

. . .stand by.
                Yeah! The software is so much easier than drafting your own!
                Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                Tired. 

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 54 users online. 0 members and 54 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X