Still my Heart please

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amoret
    Oh dear. :cry: :cry: :cry: I shouldn't have looked. :cry: :cry: :roll:
    I shouldn't have looked either. I've always admired the Dear Jane quilts, but this one is awesome. Probably, the only way I would attempt one is if I approached it as a BOM or BOW with the support of a group like TQS. Otherwise, I would likely procrastinate and never get it finished.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Originally posted by eileenkny
      I am so right there with you!!! :cry: :cry:

I just ordered the book. :shock: JoJo, please email me! I need supervision!
      I am SO bad. I just received Carol Doak's starter kit. I'm taking a class with her in November in NJ. I can't believe this. I'm going to have to prioritize better.
      eileenkny[/quote

YEA!!! I just sent you a private email. Maybe we can get a couple others to join us!!!! Any takers???? It's going to be fun.

JoJo

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
      <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Originally posted by NancyinSTL
        I shouldn't have looked either. I've always admired the Dear Jane quilts, but this one is awesome. Probably, the only way I would attempt one is if I approached it as a BOM or BOW with the support of a group like TQS. Otherwise, I would likely procrastinate and never get it finished.
        Nancy, please join us..... I'm sure we can help each other stay on focus and get it done. My personal goal is to finish it in two years. I, like everyone else, have so many other irons in the fire to commit to just one project.

And as Sue Garman has told us, if we want to get more done, we must write down our goals/plans. Otherwise, I'll never get anything finished. I'm trying hard to plan my time better so I can accomplish more finished projects.

JoJo

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
        <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Is there someplace I can read/see Sue Garman's post about working?
          I'm determined to finish some of the UFOs that are so close to completion. Then I can focus and not feel so guilty.

JoJo, I think 2 years sounds good. If we stick together here, we can hold each other accountable. Come on, Nancy and anyone else who's feeling that twitch that means you want to do this quilt :P

I'm thinking I may get a bolt of that Kona cotton for the background; I have a 40% and a 50% coupon. I can't decide whether I want to make it scrappy or coordinated. Hmm...................
          eileenkny

Comment

Well, I have about 15 blocks of Dear Jane completed -- now to locate them! After a year in NY, I have finally come to terms with the fact that we are staying &amp; I should UNPACK! The garage &amp; basement are still full of unexplored boxes. I have just been so angry and disappointed, I was determined we were leaving SOON, thus no need to unpack. So, when I find those blocks, and the kits to make all the rest (Stitchin' Heaven, Quitman, TX, Civil War colors), I'd love to join in &amp; get this quilt done! I've been wanting to make it ever since the book came out -- in 1997 or so? Kathy B.

Comment

Kathy,
              Come on, us New Yorkers ain't so bad!! Where in NY are you?
              eileenkny

Comment

JoJo and eileen, are you thinking of hand sewing, machine piecing, paper piecing? I would have to work real hard to get my done in 2 years. Just wondering :roll: :roll:
                Margarita in Auburn, CA

Comment

Margarita,
                  I won't know until I get the book and take a look at the blocks. I have a question for you. How much background fabric will we need? Did I really see where someone needed MORE than a whole bolt?
                  eileenkny

Comment

Eileen -- that was me that ran out of background fabric and I did get an entire bolt. Just get extra to be on the safe side. I would join you girls, but I am so close to finishing and I DON'T want to do another one for quite a while LOL.

Sharon

Comment

Wow, Sharon..............I can't imagine why?!?! :lol: :lol:
                      eileenkny

Comment

eileen:

On the CD, you can printout what they recommend.

Under Sewing Techniques, Yardage Tips.

I had printed that out and it gives different yardage depending on if you are:
                        Stingy or frugal - 9 yards 10",
                        Normal -14 Yards 10",
                        Paper piecing - 19 yards.
                        (Somewhere I read that people ran out of background fabric, but I do not know what method of cutting their fabrics they used and how much fabric they got?)

Here is what I bought, I had it marked on that printout ,
                        I bought what the shop had for the background and it was 14 -2/3 yards. (Later I bought another 2 yards of the same fabric just in case.)

On the Focal fabric I also bought what they had available 13 - 1/2 yards. (So I hope I have enough, because I do not think I would be able to find it in the future, if I need it.)

I hope this helps.

Margarita in Auburn, CA

Comment

Thanks, Margarita. I haven't bought the cd; didn't want to drive DH over the edge :shock: :roll:
                          If anyone out there is done with the quilt and cd, can I borrow it for a while?
                          eileenkny

Comment

Hi QuiltLady,
                            I have both the book and the CD and love them both.
                            If you have ever used Electric Quilt, the CD is a easier version. You can print out templates or founations for paper piecing or just the block plan to you can measure it (the pieces before you cut).
                            I would not do this quilt without all the help you can get: teachers, classes, the book, the CD and anything else you can find.

Comment

Hi Ladies, I'm starting my Dear Jane in October and just wanted to ask what the benefits are of having the software over just having the book? I already have the book (have had it for two years!) - is it that it's just easier to print out the patterns with the software and will it run on a Mac?

Comment

Originally posted by wigglywoods
                                Hi Ladies, I'm starting my Dear Jane in October and just wanted to ask what the benefits are of having the software over just having the book? I already have the book (have had it for two years!) - is it that it's just easier to print out the patterns with the software and will it run on a Mac?
                                Hello there! I'm told that the software will 'not' run on a Mac unfortunately. Good to hear another person will be starting too. I haven't received my book or software yet. Hopefully soon.

JoJo

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 29 users online. 0 members and 29 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X