[vb_main_1]

MARIANNE FONS' QUILT RAFFLE FOR LIBBY

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

MARIANNE FONS' QUILT RAFFLE FOR LIBBY

Marianne Fons made a beautiful quilt to be raffled off with the proceeds going to Libby's medical fund! She used the fabrics from the Community line by Moda named "Collection for a Cause." I pasted and copied the journal entry from Libby's Caring Bridge journal so everyone will have all of the information. If you receive the "Love of Quilting" by Fons and Porter magazine, it is in the current issue.

Journal post:

Today Libby has a full day of out patient therapies at TIRR - physical, occupational, and her afternoon RAMP program. What a work-out!
    Marianne Fons, a world renowned quilting artist, teacher, and publicist of Fons and Porter fame (Love of Quilting Magazine), has donated a beautiful quilt that Marianne designed and constructed (quilted by LuAnn Downs) in honor of Libby. This quilt is made out of the Community fabric line by Moda Fabrics, called "Collection for a Cause" by Howard Marcus. You will recall that Libby was selected by Moda Fabrics in 2014 to be honored with this Libby Lehman line of fabrics, with a portion of the proceeds from the sale of this fabric line going to Libby's medical fund. (Thank you so much Moda!) Marianne Fons is using this quilt she made in a raffle to also help raise funds for Libby. Here's how Marianne describes this fund raiser:

Today Libby has a full day of out patient therapies at TIRR - physical, occupational, and her afternoon RAMP program. What a work-out!
    Marianne Fons, a world renowned quilting artist, teacher, and publicist of Fons and Porter fame (Love of Quilting Magazine), has donated a beautiful quilt that Marianne designed and constructed (quilted by LuAnn Downs) in honor of Libby. This quilt is made out of the Community fabric line by Moda Fabrics, called "Collection for a Cause" by Howard Marcus. You will recall that Libby was selected by Moda Fabrics in 2014 to be honored with this Libby Lehman line of fabrics, with a portion of the proceeds from the sale of this fabric line going to Libby's medical fund. (Thank you so much Moda!) Marianne Fons is using this quilt she made in a raffle to also help raise funds for Libby. Here's how Marianne describes this fund raiser.

"Hello Friends,
    Below is the info you need if you'd like to make a contribution (of any amount) to Libby and get your name in the hat to win the quilt I made from Moda's "Collection for a Cause." The quilt is 60" X 75" and it is featured in the current (Jan/Feb) issue of Love of Quilting Magazine.

Make checks out to: LIBBY LEHMAN MEDICAL FUND. Mail to:
    Libby’s Log Cabin
    C/O Cathy Arnold
    2220 Stanmore Drive
    Houston, TX 77019

Cathy Arnold is one of Libby's sisters. She's providing me with the names of every person who contributes.

I'll be drawing a name out of a hat on February 13th,Valentine's Day Eve, so get those checks in quickly. Be sure and include your contact information including your phone # in case you win.

THANK YOU to those of you who have contributed already,
    Marianne Fons"

Here is the link to Libby's journal page so you can see a photo of the quilt!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/libbylehman/journal/view/id/54c94726ab28b9eb2f9aaa48

Thanks for posting this!

I put together the Inspired By Libby exhibit and through that I had the privilege of getting to know Cathy Arnold (Libby's sister) and Lester Lehman (Libby's hubby). The therapies right now are helping provide her with the largest amount of change and progress. Combined with her tenacity and drive to do the work, we are going to see amazing things happen in a short period of time. I got to see her about a month and a half ago and was blown away by the change in just 3 months.

Insurance is tricky when paying therapies and in her case most of it gets paid straight from donations.

I'm so proud of her and her family. They are all fabulous people.

Clara

Comment

Clara, you did such an exceptional job with the Inspired by Libby exhibit and all of the hard work it took to organize and get all of the logistics worked out for such a project! All of the quilts were beautiful and I remember the looking at all of the photos of you and Libby when you brought the quilts to UP for her to see. You are an angel for sure!

I was in a very bad car accident in 2001 - was in trauma ICU for a long time - lots of surgeries and I had a head injury and a partial fracture of the C3 vertebrae. Once I was able to be transferred to the Institute for Rehabilitation I was there for a long time and moved through a lot of the different therapy types similar to Libby's and a lot of physical therapy and hand therapy due to multiple orthopedic crush injuries, too.

Long story, short - you are right, the red tape involved with insurance and later with Medicare is crazy! Like Libby, I was so very fortunate to have a loving family and friends who worked so hard with me during my recovery and with all of the additional expenses over and above what insurance would pay for. I had wonderful doctors and therapists and I in a hospital system that carried on a lot of research so that provided additional therapies, too.

I read the journal on Libby's Caring Bridge site every day and there are so many days that are similar to things I experienced during my recovery. Libby is doing fantastically (is that a word? - it is now!) Libby has crossed one of the big hurdles by being transitioned to her new therapies and being able to be at home! I remember the day I was able to go home and I can still picture all of it in my mind exactly the way it was. It took a long time of outpatient therapy along with everything my family di8d and home care therapists, but I am completely independent today.

There are exciting days ahead for Libby and we will be here to support her in every way possible. If you are coordinating something in the future for her please let me know and I will help you in any way I can. I have so much admiration, respect and sisterly love for you and all you have done for Libby!

Becky

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 52 users online. 0 members and 52 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X