[vb_main_1]

Inspired By Libby Auction and Exhibit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspired By Libby Auction and Exhibit

The Inspired By Libby Auction is open and has gotten off to a great start!

In case you don't know about it, sit back and relax and let me share a few things. As we know Libby Lehman is on a very difficult and long medical journey. Libby and her family need all the help they can get on medical expenses. As I like to say, what do quilters do when other quilters need their help... Make quilts. I got an idea last year at Festival while Libby was on my mind. Ran it by Alex and Ricky and got a big thumbs up and said they would be right there to support me all the way. So, I took the dive.

Basically the idea was to invite a few award winning artists and teachers to create quilts Inspired By Libby herself or the quilts she made. We would auction off the quilts and ALL the money would to toward Libby's medical expenses. We are using the same auction company that Ami Simms used for her AAQI project. I also ran this by Karey of Quilt, Inc. and she wanted to show the exhibit in Houston. When Bonnie Browning got word she also wanted to show the exhibit in Paducah. In a short period of time I had 31 artists on board for quilts, including our very own Alex and Ricky. We decided to put the quilts up for online auction so that everyone no matter the location would have a chance to bid on these quilts. This is a great range of different styles. I'm very proud of the artists and the exhibit they created. One of the quilts is available at the Houston show for a silent auction, but the remainder is online.

This couldn't have happened at a better time for the family.

Check out the video of the collection.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e_u...0AhmxVjPf8cNLA

Check out the online auction. There are a lot of details of each quilt and the descriptions of why they created their quilts is a heartwarming to read.
    http://www.InspiredByLibby.com

There will be a table set up during Festival. Stop by and say hello. Team Libby will be making visits from time to time. I will have some bookmarks for the event. Pick up a few and a couple of extras for that collector that you know.

Thanks,
    Clara Lawrence

I hope everyone will share - spread the word - and make sure there is not a quilter - or collector - that misses this opportunity. Please share on all social media and tell your friends! Thanks Clara, for all this amazing work.

Comment

Originally posted by RickyTims
      I hope everyone will share - spread the word - and make sure there is not a quilter - or collector - that misses this opportunity. Please share on all social media and tell your friends! Thanks Clara, for all this amazing work.
      You are very welcome. It has been great working with you, Alex and Team Libby on this as well as all the other quilters!

Comment

I know the bidding is going to go crazy in the last few days of this incredible effort you launched - thank you lady friend!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexAnderson
          I know the bidding is going to go crazy in the last few days of this incredible effort you launched - thank you lady friend!
          You are very welcome. It's great seeing her make progress. This auction will help her continue on the long journey. Medical treatment and therapies sure cost a lot. This is an area we can do something about. Cathy (her sister) says that different members of the family will stop by the exhibit from time to time.

Clara

Comment

Featured Quilt Artist: Michelle Jackson

Inspired By Libby's Watch Your Step series of quilts. Michelle does her own with a Texas flair to it.
            http://www.benefitbidding.com/auctio...?item_id=34484

Bid like crazy or use the donate button and help out that way. 100% goes to Libby's Medical Fund.

Here's a detail to get you drooling.
            Clara Lawrence

Comment

Quick Question

What techniques or quilts that Libby has done inspired you with a project? What have you played with?

Clara

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 56 users online. 0 members and 56 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X