No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) / Christmas Gift!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) / Christmas Gift!

If any of you are looking for a very special and unique Christmas gift that you can treat yourself to, then I highly recommend you go to the AAQI website and look at the 'for sale' section. Buying one of these little treasures is very easy, and whoever processes your order at the AAQI works like magic and you get your 'wee baby' really quick.

Also, every time I get my hands on another little quilt I'm amazed that they are even more gorgeous than on the pictures.

I have now done it several years running, because it's better than boxes of chocolates and lasts longer.

I'll add pictures by the weekend at the latest. Promise!

Just one little problem: I would so much like to thank the quilters and tell them that their contribution to this fantastic charity have now got a home in England. My question is: Does anybody here (a member search is drawing a blank), know one of these quilters and pass on a message:

Sandra Butters, Indianapolis, IN
    Evelyn Townsend, Colonial Heights, VA
    Elaine Monitor, Hugo, MN
    Julie Lisle, Houston, TX
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

I'm sorry that it took me so long to add pictures, but life has been 'interesting' recently. Sometimes I wish I had a boring job.

Anyway.... both pieces are 9 x 12 inches, and I bought them because I'm always intrigued by accurate piecing (not one of my strong points, even after years of practising), and I like a lot of traditional work because they are often very balanced and so, in my opinion, give off very calming vibes.

The first quiltlet is was made by J. Lisle and is pieced from 108 little pieces, each of them only 1 inch square.

But Elaine Monitor of Hugo, MN has gone even smaller (and just look at that accuracy!!). Her pieces are 0.5 inches square and there are 247 (!) of them.

I just wish I could thank those quilters in person for donating these pieces. Wherever I go (quilting related) I'll take them (together with other small quilts I have bought over the years) and will share them with others.

Comment

But I haven't finished. I was a very naughty girl and could not resist these two either.

The first one was made by Sandra Butters of Indiannapolis. When I saw the German emblem I just had to get it and give it a home. The stripey background fabric is unusual. It 'shimmers' and reminds me of high quality men's shirts. I'd love to tell Sandra that her little quilt has found a home in England, but is actually living with a German quilter.

And who wouldn't fall in love with this beautiful piece of quilting, enhanced with fabric paints - a perfect coming together of the modern and the traditional. This was donated by Evelyn Townsend.

Comment

Wonderful little treasures.

Comment

Lorchen, if you go to http://www.whitepages.com and search you will find Elaine Monitor`s address and phone number. You could write snail mail to her. You will probably find some of the other quilters on there too.

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Those small quilts are adorable.

living in Central Denmark
            Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Thanks a lot Pam. I'll try that. If successful I will only have to find J.Lisle. I have emailed Evelyn (and had an answer), and I'll snail mail Sandra (thank you Ritzy) and Elaine. I feel like a modern day Miss Marple.

Comment

thank you Lorchen for the great idea !

Comment

I can't see these photos on my iPad . I see the one with the rose from Germany, but no others. They sound wonderful. Janet

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 52 users online. 0 members and 52 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                  Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X