[vb_main_1]

Houston 2019

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston 2019

Hello , going in a week, taking classes and also have free time to shop and see all the displays. This is most likely my first and only time there. Any good tips based on your experiences there? I have been to Long Beach when Quilt Inc was there and also go to Road to California each year. I just hear that this one is just so so much bigger. Thanks in advance on any advice.

Kathy

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Kathy, I work for the Education department and get there Wednesday for 13 days. It IS HUGE, and can be overwhelming to the new guest. Comfortable shoes, two pair to alternate days, are a must. A light sweater to layer on/off will help—only 2 temperatures in a building this big: too hot or too cold.
    Buy the show book, and look at all the Special Exhibits so you are sure not to miss one you really want to see—there are about 30. Review the categories in the IQA judged show for the same reason. You probably can’t see them all if you want to shop too.
    Download the app which will put all that info in your hands now.
    Classes are on the 3rd floor. Be sure your get the Class Schedule to know which room your classes are in—many classrooms.
    If you need help on the 3rd floor, come to the Education office 340A, we will answer any questions you have.
    On the first floor, the information booth or the folks working the doors will help you.
    1 pm Friday is the big reveal of the 2020 BOM quilt, in the Lobby, outside Hall C—be there for our big photo shoot!
    Enjoy, it is a bucket list event for most quilters.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 35 users online. 0 members and 35 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X