[vb_main_1]

Managing Many Projects Through Time

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managing Many Projects Through Time

I was having a terrible time keeping up with my many projects and quilts I had sent off to shows or exhibits. After I retired to become a full time fabric artist I didn't want to bog myself down in a lot of record keeping, but I found without any such thing I was losing more time in disorganzation. So I have developed what works for me, and I thought I would share it. I wrote it up in a blog post. I would love to know if you find this helpful or just frustrating.
    [b]Project Management for Fabric Art[/b]

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Very thorough, Betty Jo. Thanks fo sharing your blog here.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Barbara Black.
      I just was looking at your blog and love, love the Antique Rose quilt. Then I started thinking, how would I do one like that and a Sue Garmen BOM all at the same time.
      I saw your Time Management tips and thought WOW these ideas really would help. That made me think; all quilters need better time management and you have
      such great ideas. It would be nice to have The Quilt Show pay you to do a on going (like Tips of the Month) for time management class on TQS. You could use
      the stuff you do when you teach your workshops. What do you think??? Bet there would be really a lot of interest and appreciation. HelenW

Comment

Helen,
        I know you addressed this response to Barbara and since it is my time management blog, to me too, so I am not quite sure who you are thinking about running this idea. It would be a wonderful honor to me to do anything for The Quilt Show. I am a charter member. I started sewing when I was five years old at my mother's Singer. I am now an active 72 year old and have attempted to add to my knowledge of sewing, tailoring, and quilting for my entire life and I sew on three high-end machines in my studio. Since I joined The Quilt Show I have learned enormous quantities about quilting and fabric art. One of my goals is to try to share all that I have learned before I get too old to do so. But I really don't know if that would fit into TQS's plans, and I understand that. Besides, I am not a big name quilter so I am not sure how much draw this would be for TQS, and that's important. Barbara is, however, and maybe that would work for her. It is a lovely idea, and I thank you for the complement. BJ

Comment

BJ, what is your time management blog? I am not familiar with it. Helen was referring to mine I posted a link to the other day, which has 3 tips from my hour-long lecture “Time Management for Quilters.”

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2019/11/antique-rose-stars.html

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Oh dear. I must read better....LOL... ops: I thought she was referring to my blogpost I had referenced here just below her comment and your reply (on my screen anyway). Here is a link to it again. Project Management for Fabric Art So sorry...just a little embarrassed. :side: :silly:

Comment

No worries, BJ! That happens to all of us.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 42 users online. 0 members and 42 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X