No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Quilting ideas for a Sawtooth Star baby quilt?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilting ideas for a Sawtooth Star baby quilt?

I just made a baby quilt for my niece's impending little baby boy using Alex's Sawtooth Star pattern. It uses various shades of orange stars on a white background with Detroit Tigers fabric in the outside borders. (I'll post a photo when I'm done.)

I will be quilting it on my home machine, and I don't like to do heavy quilting on baby quilts - to keep it more snuggly. Plus, I really don't want to quilt the border too heavily because I want the fabric to speak for itself.

Any ideas of patterns to use in quilting the 9 interior stars and background behind them?

BethMI

How about an overall pattern like loops and starts

http://www.generations-quilt-patterns.com/images/patriotic-sawtooth-stars-21384850.jpg

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Great idea! I feel just completely blank on this, so thanks!

BethMI

Comment

I'm like that all the time. Just have to keep googling it until I find one that's rights. Do show us when it's done

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I do a curlicue pattern, and some of the circles are easily turned into hearts.

Comment

I have a pattern that I've been using for this, and I'm going to stick with it for now. I've reconditioned my kitchen recently, and I really love the design of the glass splashbacks, and I think about trying to use similar designs as quilting ideas for many projects, including the Sawtooth Star baby. The glass splashback features different designs for your kitchen from glossy colored to printed splashbacks, just as the usual colors used for quilting. That's why, just like the way splashbacks add an intriguing appeal to your kitchen, I would like to add something different to my quilting design.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 50 users online. 0 members and 50 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X