[vb_main_1]

Dishwasher Utensil Basket Uses

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dishwasher Utensil Basket Uses

I had to get a new dishwasher recently & knew there had to be another use for the utensil baskets. I use them to hold my scissors, cutters, pencils, etc. so they are handy near my machine. Easy to carry from one place to another... also easy to put back the gadget back where it belongs.

Great idea Chip! I moved the basket from one of my old dishwashers to the new one because it had a lid that was perfect for those small things you want to sterilize.

Comment

I did the same thing with mine a couple of years ago, Chip. It's wonderful! I still need to put some cardboard at the bottoms of the openings so the small stuff doesn't fall through, but it's still working for me. I have a window right next to me at the sewing machine, and it fits perfectly on the window sill.

Comment

Great idea and I wish I could have done the same, but ours was cracked by the time we got rid of it. However, my husband used the bottom dish rack and fit it into a slide out shelf we have for pots and pans which now holds all our lids which are nicely organized!

By the way, our new dishwasher is a Bosch and we hardly know it is on - it is so silent.

Jeanine

Comment

Great idea. Wish I had thought of that when we replaced our dishwasher last year. We got a Bosch too. We are very happy with it. It is so quiet we hardly know it is on.
          My husband did save some of the small bins in our old refrigerator for me. He said he knew I would find some use for it!

Judith

Comment

I did the same before Christmas when we replaced the dishwasher. I always look at things thinking: is this any good in my sewing room?

Comment

What a great idea!! I just happen to have a broken dishwasher in my kitchen. I have not decided to replace it, or to just continue to wash dishes by hand and use it for storage of the large tupperware bowls, etc. that take up so much room in my cabinets. There are usually just the 2 of us here so the dishwashing isn't to bad. Of course, when all the kids and grands are here it is a different matter. :lol: I am so thankful for paper plates.

Comment

Neat idea!

Comment

What's a dishwasher?! :lol:

I keep my rotary cutters in a silverware drawer, lying flat.
                  Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Woooow, great idea! Let me tell my story about dishwashers. I didn't want to bother at all about the dishes. And of course I always have a dishwasher in my house, I can't do without it. One day the dishwasher broke. I didn't know what to do, because I never washed dishes with my hands, and I don't even want to. I thought about what to do and remembered that my father's friend works with these dishwashers. I asked him which one to take, so that it was not expensive, and it worked perfectly. He named me several sites where he personally ordered, and one of them was ianboer.com.au. I bought it and have no regrets at all, it works perfectly and my dishes are always clean
                    Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

I've used my old basket for sewing tools for years and will be buying a new dishwasher in the near future so will keep the old basket.
                      Some parts of the bottom of the basket are broken but a piece of cardboard will fix that.
                      Anne

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 54 users online. 0 members and 54 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X