[vb_main_1]

Sewing Daily for 2015

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning it is Saturday,
    The last few days have been a little harder to keep up doing something sewing every day. I had a persistant cough since returning from Branson so I finally had to get to the doctors on Thursday, I have bronchitis. So now I have my meds and I am better able to manage the coughing fits.

I did get the upper left of the tiger tile scene done. The first picture is of a starched, adhsive back stabalizer, and a cut away stabalizer that I used temporary adhisive spray on to make it like one piece of fabric. I was upset that I saw quite a bit of pull on the fabric as it was being stitched. The second one of the same left corner has the Terial Magic spray. I soaked the entire piece of fabric and then wrung out the excess and then let it dry before I ironed it I still used the same two bottom layers. I still see a bit of gathering but it is not near as bad as the first one. You will notice I also did not trim the applique part of the tiger and tree as close, since this will be in the seam allowance I did not feel the need to trim it as close.
    I have been going thru my new quilting magazines since I was not feeling quite up to par. I have started practicing on making 1/2" hexagons. They are a little harder for my larger fingers but I am still getting a nice crisp edge to them.
    We had ice last night along with a light dusting of snow by this morning so a 6D embroidery software class that I am taking was cancelled. It is rescheduled for Sunday. We are appliqueing owls to a tea towel, after we go into our software and tell it what stitches to do for us. We have a really great store that has tons of classes for all levels of skill as well as the 6D embroidery software classes that help us to use the software in a project, as well as a block of the month program that we are doing to increase our skill level.
    When in Branson this weekend I was shocked when we went to a quilt shop and saw a block of a month quilt hanging on a wall..none of the points were matching or cut off, the flying geese did not match in the corner as they were suppose to. I turned to my friend and told her she should not take a class from here as it will be making her go backwards with her skills. I could not believe that they were using this as a sample. I guess I have become a little fussy with points and corners matching as they should.

Since it is so cold outside it makes it perfect day to stay in the nice warm house and do some sewing.
    Happy Sewing,
    Robin

Comment

It will be good to see this all come together, Robin. It's a cold day in central PA. It's snowing and blowing. Sitting by the fire, knitting, listening to music and occasionally watching the snow come down. DH just got me a little bit of warmth in a glass. Don't know what it is but a tiny sip is making me warm from the inside out and it tastes like toasted caramels. Just tiny sips or next thing I'll be sleeping by the fire. My favorite joke on myself is that I could never be an alcoholic because I'd fall asleep first. My profile picture could give you the wrong idea about me. As I recall I changed my avatar and had a glass of wine in my hand to toast Lorchen's 60th birthday. I bet that is a couple of years and I am still on the same glass of wine. Maybe I should thiing about changing it.

Comment

Lois,
        I am glad you are inside where it is nice and warm. Maybe he gave you some brandy, that usually causes you to warm up quickly. You are so funny. There is not anything wrong with a little drink. I only have a glass when we are celebrating a special occasion. I have another tile done today. This time I did not get any pulling!! Finally! I added a hoop thing, I will find out tomorrow what is is called. But it helps to keep the fabric from slipping through the hoops. So now I have two of 9 tiles done. I think this one maybe a pillow when I am done. The tiger is really not a part of my decorations..we seem to keep them to a minimum since we inherited my sons Siberian Husky. Amazingly she can pick up a pen or pencil and carry it around in her mouth. She also has a tendency to eat non edible items, she does this so we will chase her around the house and it becomes a game for her. She weighs just over 50#'s so she can knock off anything on our tables.
        Here is the picture of my newest tile.

I still left the applique fabric outside the border since there will be a seam there to cover it. It will also keep the green from showing thru,
        Robin

Comment

It's very interesting to follow your tiger project

living in Central Denmark
          Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Good Evening,
            It is now Wednesday and I have not posted since Sunday. We had a really good class on Sunday. We are taking a design and scanning it into our software (6D) and then telling our program to applique stitch around it. We had a second class on Sunday that we then took the design and saved it as a jpeg and brought it into the Silhouette Cameo and had it cut our fabric the exact size as what he had it set for in 6D Husqvarna software. It really worked very well. This will help me so much when I work on my applique quilts. I was very excited to learn hour to get the cameo to cut my designs the exact size that my sewing machine will stitch around.

I finished the 3rd tile for the Tiger Tile Scene, I will post a picture of it below. On Monday I was working on 1/2" hexagons in the same color as the quilt that I am working on. I put together some to see what type of pattern it would look like. Let me know what you think.

Tiger tile #3

Possible rug mug for bedroom night stand.

Comment

Like it. Beautiful colors

Comment

I am liking seeing that speck of green behind the tiger's ear. The hexes are gorgeous! I need to get started on some of those.

Comment

Robin,
                  Your Tiger will be striking.
                  The blue hexagons are beautiful together.

Judith

Comment

Like your tiger tile very much--did you pick your own colors? When I look at the color of your hexies, I think 'ocean,' Robin...

Comment

Renata,
                      The first Tiger on page one, I chose colors by the color names since my quilt shop in town did not carry Madiera. The pieces you see now are the actual madiera colors. I would like to be able to change the colors so that they are more brown and gold. So I am working on it via the computer.

The hexagons are for my bedroom and we have blue, with one accent wall with silver. I love the idea that they are ocean colors. My husband is a fisheries biologist in fresh water not salt water.
                      Thanks for the compliments.
                      Robin

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 77 users online. 0 members and 77 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X