[vb_main_1]

Technology in the quilt studio

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technology in the quilt studio

I wrote a new blog today in celebration of quilting day . I truly respect those of you who are able to take a piece of draft paper, a ruler, a compass, and pencil and come out with a fabulous quilt (like Sherry Reynolds "America Let It Shine" for instance). But I am somewhat mathematically and "drawingly" impaired and need all the help I can get. I have collected over the past few years several pieces of hardware and software that I find really helpful, so I thought I'd just write up how I use them in case you are interested. Here's the link:
    http://blog.bjfabricartist.com/2013/...-making-2.aspx
    Happy Quilting Day!!!

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Wow, Betty Jo! I feel like a Neanderthal quilter in comparison to your 21st century quilting design setup! Kudos for making yourself take the time to learn all this software. If I survive the transition to Windows 8 (doubtful at present!) maybe I'll try to add some new electronic tools to my quilting toolbelt this year. :roll:

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Connie, I just wanted to let people know what is out there to help with our designs. Of course, I'm an art quilter. I think if you are a traditional quilter, you can do really well with something like a EQ7 and just adding Adobe Photoshop Elements makes a good combination.

Comment

I'm with Connie--I don't feel like I will ever get comfortable with Windows 8. Dear grandson is here and he just sits down and no problem at all--very frustrating. OK--going to read your blog now Betty Jo.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 72 users online. 0 members and 72 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X